Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:08 PM
j wessel

Default cruisetour packing

if you are doing a pre-cruise tour with HAL do they limit your luggage on the cruisetour portion and send some of your bags ahead to the ship or are you allowed to keep all of it with you until boarding the cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Sherry B

Default Re: cruisetour packing

I would like to know the same answer for Princess.
Old May 6th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Ford_Racing_Ron

I tried to answer this but I guess my answer got lost in cyberspace.

I took a HAL cruisetour last year. Started in Anchorage then to Denali, Fairbanks,Tok,Dawson City,Whitehorse then boarded the ship in Scagway. Our luggage was with us the entrie time except our night in Denali. Our luggage went straight from Anchorage to Fairbanks where we caught up to it. We were each allowed to carry an overnight bag with us to Denali, which was plenty.

I think the reason for that was we took the Tundra Tourand there was no room in the school busses for luggage, but there was an overhead to store our overnight bags.
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:12 AM
weatherguy

For Princess, we are doing the same thing next month, starting in Fairbanks for 6 days through the interior prior to embarking on a southbound Island Princess. When you get your tickets (about 4 weeks prior to departure), you will also get several luggage tags. One tag is green and says "travel with me" and two are pink and say "take me on board ship". When you arrive in AK, they will transfer all of you luggage to the hotel but after the first night, the luggage with the "take me on board the ship" tags will be taken and not be seen by you until you arrive at your cabin on the ship. The green tag one will travel with you throughout your entire trip.

This allows you to separate the clothes that you won't need in the interior (ie suits, dresses etc) and not have to lug them around with you.

Hope this helps.