Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:05 AM
lgwilson

Default Oh boy, I need help!

A group of 4 of us are flying into Seatac and renting a car to drive over to Vancouver to catch our cruise ship the next day. Our problem is that it will cost triple the price to rent a car in Vancouver to return to Seattle. Can anyone give me a more economical alternative for our return trip. We still want to rent a car going, just need somthing else for the ride back.....is there a bus, or train that will let us ride one way only....and would you happen to know the rate? I'm in desperate need for some suggestions here.
Thankx!
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Zeyda

Default Re: Oh boy, I need help!

Hi, we are planning on doing the same thing. I booked with www.quickshuttle.com, 1-800-665-2122, to be picked up at the Pier on our return and driven to SeaTac. Originally I booked them round trip, but decided to rent a van and drive from Seattle to Vancouver to take in the sights. I'm still deciding if we want to stay in Seattle overnight and drive to Vancouver the morning of our cruise. I believe that the one way price per person is around $45.00.

ZC, Tampa, FL
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Admiral

Have you looked at all the one way rental companies? There is Avis, Hertz, Alamo, National, Budget. I have rented from them all except Hertz. You also want DOWNTOWN Vancouver NOT the airport. Allow 4 hours for the drive. There is also Amtrak and Quick Shuttle. I most always stay the night before in Bellingham, always beats the worse of the border delays with a start by 10 am, then some time for Vancouver touring.
Old May 10th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Passenger

Igwilson;

We are flying into Seattle & driving to Vancouver with a rental car (actually a minivan). We will also be doing this in reverse after our cruise. We have reservations with Avis, there are no additional charges for one way rentals or border crossings. When I was looking into it, some of the major car rental companies did charge for one way rentals & dropping off in another country.
Old May 10th, 2005, 01:12 PM
lgw

Default Re: Re: Oh boy, I need help!

So you are being charged the same both ways????? We are renting a SUV and the price we are finding is $150 for the rental then an additional $150 for dropping it off in US rather than Canada.