Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default cabs at Vancouver airport

Is it hard to get a cab from the airport to the pier? Or should we book the shuttle service through the cruise line? Our flight is to arrive at 11:30. Leaving on Aug 29th on Sun Princess.
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Captain

Default Re: cabs at Vancouver airport

Shouldn't have trouble getting a cab. A couple of years ago it was about $24 Canadian. We splurged and took a strecth limo however which was $40 Canadian. A great deal and nice way to start your cruise.
Old June 18th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Are the limos at the airport or do you have to book ahead of time? If you have to book ahead where do you do that.
Old June 18th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Captain

We did not have to book ahead of time. We actually had gone to the information booth to ask about something and they mentioned the limos. I'd actually thought that the "limo" was going to be one of those airport shuttle vans. We paid at the desk and took the receipt outside and showed it to the next driver in line and off we went. We were quite surprised to see an actual stretched caddy limo. This was actually the day before our cruise and we were going to a hotel near Canada Place. After the cruise there were phones set up to call the limo company to bring one in for the trip to the airport. A very short wait for the limo to arrive. The drivers were very nice and pointed out landmarks for us. A nice addition to the cruise experience.
Old June 19th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Cabs are lined up ready to go, so little if any wait at the airport. The fare is now at least $30+++ ca Most cabs take credit cards for the best exchange.
Old June 19th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info. This may be a dumb question but the $40 limo charge was that per person or for the limo. Will it be big enough for 6 people plus luggage?
Old June 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Captain

40 was for the limo, not a per person charge. That came to about $32 US. The message above mentions that cabs are higher now so I would assume that the limos are as well.
Plenty of room for 6 people in luggage I'd think.
Old June 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info. I checked with a Vancouver Limo web site and they gave a price of $39 so price may not have gone up too much.
Old June 19th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Captain

It's the way to travel to and from the cruise. : ^ )
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Admiral

Be aware the exchange is more unfavorable for US money as well compared to a couple years ago.
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: cabs at Vancouver airport

What was the name of the Limo service you are referring to? I tried Vancouver Limos's and was quoted 85 dollars plus tax. still not too bad if you are traveling with others and can split the cost...but 39 dolars sounds even better....
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Captain

I don't know the name of the limo company(s). They were lined up out front as the cabs were. We bought a sort of ticket at the information desk after we cleared Canadian customs. We brought the receipt out front to the first limo in line, showed the driver and off we went. We tipped the driver on top of the fare.

Upon arrival at the end of the cruise there was a phone on a pole with the numbers to call for a limo. We called and the car showed immediately and off we went to the airport.

Even if the exchange rate is 1-1 $40 is a bargain. Back home in SoCal we'd paid over $40 to go about the same distance and were in a run-down old cab.
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

I googled Vancouver limo services. It came up with several the website I checked was Limojet Gold. The website had alot of info about arriving international and maps of the airport.
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry I was wrong on the $39 to the cruise ship. It is $39 to downtown. It sound like service to the cruise ship starts at $47. Still divided by 3 couples that is not bad. There are 2 ports listed and I checked all of my Princess info and could not find what port the cruise ships are in. Does anyone know?
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Captain

Most ships stop in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway. Some will substitute Sitka for Skagway. I believe a few will add a stop at Icy Straight. If you do a round trip from Seattle they'll stop in Victoria. I think there's another Canadian town some ships now stop instead of Victoria.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
Familiar Face

We took limo from airport to downtown pier area (we stayed overnight) on May 25th and it was $40 Canadian. Nice way to go & they handled luggage. I would recommend it. Well worth money if there are more than 2 of you.
Old July 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think we decided to do limo. Any suggestions on which limo service to use? There are some that you can reserve ahead of time and they will meet you in the terminal or the service that you have to go out of terminal and hope that one is available.