Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:40 AM
laurajasw

Default RCCL food

I hear a lot of "not so good" about the food on RCCL's Radiance of the Sea. I'm leaving this weekend (not much i can do about it now) food is such a subjective topic but i would hope it's enjoyable since food is such an important aspect of any cruise. how are the 2 pay restaurants Chops & Portofino
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: RCCL food

The pay resturants are very good. Don't expect the food quality of several years ago. All lines have cut back. In my opinion it is still good and perfectly fine for the cruise prices today.
Old July 25th, 2005, 04:34 PM
laurajasw

Default Re: Re: RCCL food

is there any lobster?
Old July 25th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Emptynesters

We were on the Radiance a yr ago & didn't have any complaints about the food. No complaints what so ever on the dining room either & yes one nite it was lobster.
Old July 25th, 2005, 06:45 PM
laurajasw

thanks
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:09 AM
John Avant

The Windjammer food was gross . We had a 6 seating , for the regular dining room & the food wasn't good at all.

Chops & Portfino were good ate at port twice & chops once

Chops Grille Menu ( Dining Fee $20 )

Appetizers

Shrimp Cocktail

Portobello Caps

Maryland Crab Cakes

Salads - Chop's Salad - Beefsteak Tomato - Caesar Salad
Entree Prime Rib Of Beef - Filet Mignon - Chops Signature New York Sirloin Steak - Wisconsin Veal Chop - Colorado Lamb Chops - Royal Pork Shank - Rotisserie Chicken - Mesquite Grilled Salmon -

Sides & Vegetables - Baked Idaho Potato , Home Fried Potatoes with sauteed onions , mashed potatoes , steamed aspargus , rice pilaf , spinach ,

Dessert - Chocolate Mud Pie - Apple Pie A La Mode - Chops Raspberry Cheesecake , Warm Brioche Bread Pudding

I Got Back July 23 2005 , & had a menu in my purse
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:18 AM
John Avant

The Windjammer food was gross . We had a 6 seating , for the regular dining room & the food wasn't good at all.

I Did hear upstairs they was supposed to be a good eating place on deck 12 or 13 ?

Chops & Portfino were good and we did eat at portifino's twice & chops once

Chops Grille Menu ( Dining Fee $20 )

Appetizers

Shrimp Cocktail

Portobello Caps

Maryland Crab Cakes

Salads - Chop's Salad - Beefsteak Tomato - Caesar Salad
Entree Prime Rib Of Beef - Filet Mignon - Chops Signature New York Sirloin Steak - Wisconsin Veal Chop - Colorado Lamb Chops - Royal Pork Shank - Rotisserie Chicken - Mesquite Grilled Salmon -

Sides & Vegetables - Baked Idaho Potato , Home Fried Potatoes with sauteed onions , mashed potatoes , steamed aspargus , rice pilaf , spinach ,

Dessert - Chocolate Mud Pie - Apple Pie A La Mode - Chops Raspberry Cheesecake , Warm Brioche Bread Pudding

I Got Back July 23 2005 , & had a paper takeout menu in my purse ( i'm using my husband name )

Also Chops had french onion soup too but it's not listed on the paper menu.

At Portfinos the Tiger Shrimp apptez. was good but the dinner portion tiger shrimp was really really small.
the filet of beef was execellent though ! my family liked portfinos though
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:42 PM
John Avant

Updated i forgot to add these , their on the menu too , by the colony club they have these paper printed out menus you can take back to your cabin room

chops also offers cheese n' Onion Soup ( french onion)

New England Clam Chowder Soup

And for Sides & Vegetables - sauteed mushrooms - Fried Onion Rings -
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:36 PM
laurajasw

the food was not good at the windjammer or the main dining room? Did they have lobster any of the nights? and what shore excursions do you recommend?
Old July 26th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Frank Black

I am going Saturday too. You can expect lobster tails the second last night. As well as a filet mignon. It's the last formal night. I have been on the Rdaiance before and the food is about as good as most other basic cruise lines. I love Chops and Portofino and will eat at each of them. It's worth the $20. Do not go on a formal night though. Also, check out the Brownies in the Seaview Cafe.