Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Karin

Default hotel rooms before/after & wheelchair advice

I am traveling with my sister and mom who is in a wheelchair. We are cruising on the Radiance 9/10/05. We have cruised the caribbean but this is our first alaskan trip. Any advice to a decent hotel in vancouver for before and after the cruise? Also, any advice on shore excursions for a wheelchair user? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: hotel rooms before/after & wheelchair advice

Karin,
We are on the same cruise! We booked our hotel thru Priceline and got the Sheraton Wall for $80 pre and post cruise. This last May we got the Hyatt for $77. We bid Vancouver Downtown 4* hotel.

We have a group over at CruiseCritic.com we'd like you to join and sign up for a Meet and Mingle. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...2&page=5&pp=25

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 20th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Janice Reilly

Default Re: hotel rooms before/after & wheelchair advice

Karin:
We just returned from a Celebrity cruisetour on the Summit. We stayed at the Quality Inn in Vancouver the night before the cruise. It was $83 per night Canadian. It was very nice and includes an extended breakfast bar. The hotel is only 2 years old. Then we took a shuttle to the dock and it was $10.00 per person US dollars.

I got a wheelchair for my Mom during our 13 night tour and everyone was fantastic with helping me out when needed. My mom can walk but not long distances. We went on the White Pass Railroad and it is wonderful. It has wheelchair lifts. Hope this helps.