Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2005, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default change due to hurricane - need help

Due to the hurricane down here, I am facing the possiblity of changing my flight which was suppose to go out of New Orleans on the 14th. I may have to change it and fly in a day earlier - or even stay over a few days after the cruise. Something I was not planning on doing, but are any of you familiar with the hotels in Vancouver? After I get off the plane, are there shuttles that take you to certain hotels and then to the cruiseship? I need suggestions please! Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2005, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: change due to hurricane - need help

You can usually get a 4 star hotel at priceline for a $100 per night bid or similar availabilty can be found at Hotwire. We have done both and stayed at the Grand Hyatt and Sheraton in that manner. That is about a 50% savings on the rack rate. The Fairmont Waterfront is a fantastic hotel and is right across the street from Canada Place. (It's my favorite by far!)You can usually get an Entertainment Card rate there for about 50% of the rack rates. Even still it is somewhat pricey compared to the others.

We have also enjoyed the Listel Hotel for a moderately priced boutique hotel right on Robson Street. Most of the hotels in the Downtown section of Vancouver are very close to Canada Place and cab fares are quite affordable, usually far less than $10. A few have port shuttles but most do not.

Vancouver is a beautiful city and it is well worth staying for a few days. It is also cheaper, in most cases, to fly into Seattle and rent a one-way car or take a bus or train to Vancouver. It is less than three hours by car,bus, or train including the stop at the border. This is just a possible option that may give you a bit more flexibility in your schedule.

I hope this is of help to you. Bon Voyage!