Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Beginner

Default Taste of Alaska, River's Edge or Aurora Express?

We need hotel room for a 2 night stay in Fairbanks in mid-August with our 10 year old daugter.

I want lots of local color, my husband wants well kept and not too cramped and my daughter wants fun. Since our stay is short we don't want to be too far (i.e. more than 15 minutes) from the major tourist sites. A bargain is nice, but not essential. My daughter is well behaved and doesn't need a place where she can be wild and we don't need a kitchen.

Frommre's gave good recommendations to Aurora Bed & Breakfast, A Taste of Alaka and River's Edge Resort and they all looked like they would meet our needs. Which would you recommed?
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Admiral

If you were going a couple weeks later, I would definately stay at the Taste Of Alaska Lodge for the aurora possiblities. If you want an outside chance of seeing them, then that would be my top suggestion. The Aurora Express, next choice, very very nice and kind of a "fun" place. A little closer to attractions perhaps? Don't miss the Large Animal research tour at Fairbanks U.