Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Beginner

Default Alaska Excursion Advice

Five of us are crusing Alaska. (ages 65, 44, 48, 9. 10) I am looking for excursion recommendations and descriptions for the following ports, PARTICULARLY PRINCE RUPERT. Thank you for your insight!

Prince Rupert, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Admiral

cruisingfamily,

Welcome aboard!

Five of us are crusing Alaska. (ages 65, 44, 48, 9. 10) I am looking for excursion recommendations and descriptions for the following ports, PARTICULARLY PRINCE RUPERT. Thank you for your insight!

Prince Rupert, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan

Unfortunately, Prince Rupert is the one port of call where I cannot make recommendations because I have never been there.

>> In Ketchikan, I highly recommend the tour to Saxman Village. You'll have plenty of time to explore the downtonw area before or after the tour.

>> In Skagway, be sure to take an excursion that includes a ride on the White Pass & Yukon Route. The play called the "Days of '98 Revue Starring Soapy Smith" at the Eagles' Hall is also very worthwhile. You can go to the play on your own or take an excursion that includes it.

>> In Juneau, there's a lot that you can see on your own. The state capital building -- the only state capital that does not have a dome -- offers a free tour. The Church of St. Nicholas (Russian Orhtodox) and the Catholic cathedral, located a block from the capital, have very interesting artwork. Your youngsters also probably would enjoy panning for gold.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old June 11th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Look over your shore excursion list and narrow down your interests, there is a wide range of excellent Alaska tours. Put a separate post for Prince Rupert, Murray can answer probably.

Also don't expect all to have an interest in the same tour. Be willing to split up perhaps?? Post more information, and get more specific information to help with your choice.