Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Passenger

Default priceline advice needed for Vancouver

Hi..

We will be on the Vision of the Seas departing Vancouver September 15. We will be arriving in Vancouver the 14th and are looking for a place to stay. I just used priceline for St Louis for the 4th of July (Hyatt Regency downtown for $64) and am willing to try again for Vancouver..Any hotel, price and star level advice would be appreciated. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Pan Pacific Hotel is connected to the cruise line pier. Day of cruise, your bags are taken directly to ship. Hotel is gorgeous, probably a 5 Star.
Old June 24th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Admiral

gardenmaniac,

We will be on the Vision of the Seas departing Vancouver September 15. We will be arriving in Vancouver the 14th and are looking for a place to stay. I just used priceline for St Louis for the 4th of July (Hyatt Regency downtown for $64) and am willing to try again for Vancouver..Any hotel, price and star level advice would be appreciated. thanks!

I found the Crowne Plaza Hotel Georgia to be ideal. It's right in the heart of downtown Vancounver and only four or five short blocks from the cruise terminal at Canada Place. Last year, I decided to walk -- which is very easy with "roller back" luggage since it's downhill all the way.

Before going to Priceline, check the prepaid advance booking rates on the Crowne Plaza site. The prepaid advance booking rates may be cheaper than Priceline.

Norm.
Old June 24th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Admiral

We did priceline last year 3 times for Vancouver only bidding on 4*. We got the Hyatt and Sheraton Wall each for $70. We loved the 34th floor view from the Sheraton and the walkout balcony at the Hyatt. Both at the Double Decker stops and were within walking distance to many places.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old June 24th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Admiral

You will want a downtown 4 property with priceline bidding. Go to the help sites available for recent awards. You should have good luck since you are the last cruise.
Old June 24th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Admiral

gardenmaniac,
Also, since you are the last cruise of the season, almost everything on the ship and in town will be 75% off. We were the 2nd to last cruise last year and experienced the best weather ever, no rain and bought many, many Christmas gifts at a fraction of the cost!! Enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old June 25th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Familiar Face

We read about what great deals people on the Boards got from Princeline for downtown hotels so tried it. I had to book three rooms, and thought that a wonderful hotel near the port for a cheap price would be great.

So I bid what was posted for a downtown hotel, but the first bid wasn't picked up by any hotel so I had to bid higher. Trouble was that the area that Priceline calls downtown is widespread, especially when it rains. (Our cruise departed Vancouver May 27 and we spent two days in the city before that.)

We ended up at the Sandman, about 20 blocks from Canada Place, in three of the teeniest rooms I've ever seen. All three were either by the elevator or adjacent to the stairs, and the ones near the stairs were by far the worst; the three elevators that served the 17 floors rarely ran so people used the stairs a lot--and were quite noisy returning in the wee hours. The Sandman did have standard sized rooms, but the Priceline people got the dregs.

If I had to do again, I'd use the discounted, prepaid Anything before using Priceline. If a convention or something takes up the good rooms, you get what's left over, of course.

I know that others have had great success with Priceline, and that's why I was tempted again. I've only used Priceline twice, and didn't have what I consider a good experience either time. That's my last bid there.

Charlotte

Mike & Charlotte
28 cruises down, next up: Carnival Victory May 17; Royal Princess July 7; Sapphire Princess September 12
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:00 PM
Passenger

We bid on a 1 star and got the Accent motel near the airport for $52 on Aug. 25th. We're renting a car for 24 hrs. (Alamo $32) from the airport and drop it off at Canada Place where our cruise leaves from. We wanted a car to explore the city with for the three of us.
Old September 27th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default Pre-advanced booking

We will be in Vancouver for 3 days in May 2007.
Please advise us when we can check in with priceline to book a room, and if we decide to pre-advance book when is the right time for that.
As of now when I call a hotel it is either to early to book or nothing is available.
Thanks for any input.