Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Passenger

Default Shore Excursions In Victoria

Will be in Victoria fro 6pm to midnight. Can anyone suggest an excursion for a family with a seven year old. I have narrowed it down to the Observatory, Haunted tour, taste of victoria with wine and chocolates or orca whale watch( normally this would be my first choice but we are going in Juneau and I thought it would be repetitious). thanks
travelling with our 7 year old daughter in august with Hal inside passage from Seattle. Can spend some money on tours but could really use some help choosing the best value and most memorable for Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka. Any advice will be most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2006, 07:45 AM
Admiral

If you want to see orcas, this is your only likely place for them, as Juneau is humpbacks. This is a tour I do at least once every time I'm in Victoria. But it does not run the entire cruise season and usually not available in Sept even though may be listed.

Victoria is also good for just strolling about, very beautiful along the Inner Harbor.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Are the Butchart Gardens open at night?

LL
Old July 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Yes the gardens are open the evening we will be traveling. Do you recommend that tour. I didn't think it would be of interest to our daughter, but I understand that it is a very popular tour.
travelling with our 7 year old daughter in august with Hal inside passage from Seattle. Can spend some money on tours but could really use some help choosing the best value and most memorable for Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka. Any advice will be most appreciated.
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Admiral

I think that Butchart Gardens is wonderful - but a child might not think so. Madam Tussauds has a wax museum right on the waterfront and it is great. There is also an interesting aquarium right there as well. The B.C. museum is also a super place to visit - and the young ones seem to enjoy it. You are getting in rather late to see whales, unfortunately. I'm not sure how late in the evening many of these places are open. You might just try an internet search of Victoria attractions and see. Victoria is a really interesting place just to wander - with lots of history. You might want to walk around the shops and Chinatown, and the waterfront. There are also little harbor ferries that zoom around - they are a good ride for the money and a totally different vantage point.

ttfn Jennifer
Old August 5th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

GO TO THE BEACH!
- or -
rent a car and drive around
- or -
have fish and chips! .... and play cards afterwards.

on the way,
find a CITYTV 'speaker's corner' booth; record a message to be aired on TV.

For Victoria, something sponaneous may be a better choice than a planned excursion. Hard to explain, but I'm sure that once you actually see the city for the first time, you will just have the urge to explore. Don't worry about being bored, there something to see practically on every street corner.