Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Passenger

Default orca enterprises

Hi all,

I booked a whale watching excursion for my family with capt. Larry for the last week of August. It has been paid for but I have not received any confirmation even though I have emailed and phoned them with my request. I am puzzled and concerned. For those of you that have travelled with them before, is this normal? Did any of you receive tickets or vouchers beforehand or am I just being a paranoid new yorker?
travelling with our 7 year old daughter in august with Hal inside passage from Seattle. Can spend some money on tours but could really use some help choosing the best value and most memorable for Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka. Any advice will be most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Just call them and confirm, you have no worries with this company. You do not need any paper. There office is across from the tram- can't miss, and upstairs. Enjoy your tour.
Old August 5th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Passenger

Default orca enterprises

thanks Karen.
travelling with our 7 year old daughter in august with Hal inside passage from Seattle. Can spend some money on tours but could really use some help choosing the best value and most memorable for Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka. Any advice will be most appreciated.
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Your credit card should already be charged for 1/2 the total amount that is due for the whale watching trip with Capt. Larry. The remaining balance of 1/2 will be charged the day before you arrive in port. Check your credit card and if you've been charged, you have no worries.
As Karen said, this company really knows their stuff.
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Passenger

Default orca enterprises

thanks Judy,

They actually already charged the full amount to my credit card. that's what had me worried plus the fact that they kept telling me that they will send a confirmation and never did. if you guys say they are legit than I can relax and just show up the day of the tour. I just didn't want to get stuck with no trip.
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by judysalyers
Your credit card should already be charged for 1/2 the total amount that is due for the whale watching trip with Capt. Larry. The remaining balance of 1/2 will be charged the day before you arrive in port. Check your credit card and if you've been charged, you have no worries.
As Karen said, this company really knows their stuff.
Ditto above... I did receive an email confirmation/receipt when I placed the reservation over the phone. This was for a June Sun Princess cruise.
Old August 7th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

On our May trip, we were charged 1/2 of the cost when I booked the excursion( I booked in Nov.) The remaining balance was then charged the day before we arrived in Juneau.
The policy might have changed since then, I would just take the copy of the credit card statement with me on the cruise and the date I had actually made the reservation.
If the reservation was made with Orca Enterprises...Capt. Larry, I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if in doubt, give them a call to reconfirm, and write down the date, time and who you spoke with on the call.