Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Passenger

Default Best Ship Glacier Bay with Kids

We're taking our first cruise to Western Caribbean on Royal Caribbean this November. Assuming we like it (and from what I've read on the boards, how could we not?), we're already starting to think about our second cruise. I'd like to do a cruise in Alaska in Summer 2008 that includes Glacier Bay.

We would be traveling with DS (he'll be 10 then) and DS (he'll be 13 then).

Trying to get an idea of what we'd like to do, so that when the Summer 2008 cruises become available, we can book quickly.

Would love to hear what everyone thinks would be the best ship for our family of 4 (and probably one set of grandparents)?
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Ship Glacier Bay with Kids

disneymomtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomtwo
We're taking our first cruise to Western Caribbean on Royal Caribbean this November. Assuming we like it (and from what I've read on the boards, how could we not?), we're already starting to think about our second cruise. I'd like to do a cruise in Alaska in Summer 2008 that includes Glacier Bay.

We would be traveling with DS (he'll be 10 then) and DS (he'll be 13 then).

Trying to get an idea of what we'd like to do, so that when the Summer 2008 cruises become available, we can book quickly.

Would love to hear what everyone thinks would be the best ship for our family of 4 (and probably one set of grandparents)?
On Princess, the naturalists who come aboard during the visit to Glacier Bay National Park do programs for children of all ages as well as for adults. That's probably your best option if Glacier Bay is a priority.

In other ports of call, I'll bet that your sons will enjoy the "Days of '98 Revue Starring Soapy Smith" and ride to Summit Lake and back on the White Pass & Yukon Route in Skagway, the excursion to Saxman Village in Ketchikan, and the Raptor Center in Sitka if you go there. Be sure to plan at least a couple nights in Anchorage while you are there, too!

Norm.
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Admiral

If Glaicer Bay is the priority, you will have to choose from Princess one way cruises,- round trip- HAL, NCL or Carnival if you want to take the kids out of school, in May or Sept.

Glacier Bay does not load "naturalists" they are Park Rangers.