Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Default Hotel advice

I would like some advice on hotels in Anchorage and Seward. Ones with good locations, and moderately priced. And if anyone has went on a Halibut fishing charter in Seward and would recommend them please let me know who they are.
Thanks....
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Admiral

coder01,

I would like some advice on hotels in Anchorage and Seward. Ones with good locations, and moderately priced. And if anyone has went on a Halibut fishing charter in Seward and would recommend them please let me know who they are.
Thanks....

Prices in Alaksa are generally higher than in the "Lower 48" and hotels in Anchorage are no exception, but most of the major chains have hotels in downtown Anchorage so you do have choices. The main downtown area is along fourth, fifth, and sixth streets in the section where cross streets are dsignated by letters of the alphabet (A through L, IIRC), so a hotel anywhere between third street and seventh street in that area would be great for easy pedestrian access to the city's restaurants and ships. Several of the major hotel chains, from Days Inn to Hilton, have properties in that area.

If cost is important, several of the major hotels now offer "prepaid" rates that are about half of their normal rates and sometimes less. The risk, though, is that these rates have "no cancellation" policies -- they bill your credit (or debit) card when you make your reservation and there's no refund if you cancel or don't show for any reason.

Norm.
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Passenger

I can personally vouch for the Voyager Hotel in downtown Anchorage. The rooms are big, updated, and spotlessly clean. They come with a kitchenette so that you can make your own meals and save a little money. Their rates are reasonable ($169). Your eyes probably bugged out at the price but that is reasonable for Anchorage. As you probably already know, check tripadvisor.com for reviews.

Hope this helps.

-Matt