Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Default When to start reserving Excursions

We are taking the Norwegian Pearl 7 day Alaskan Cruise June 24th, 2007. (depart/return from Seattle).

I would like advice on when I need to actually start booking my excursions. It is mid-November now, and wasn't sure if I should start researching and booking in the winter, spring, or now??

Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If its possible to do it now on-line and there is really something you must do, go ahead and try to pre-book it. Some of the excursions do fill up quickly.

What ones are you looking at?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Passenger

Havn't started that research yet.

Spent the last month deciding which Cruise Line to choose for this family reunion cruise. Now that I have done that, I need to do the research on excursions. Just wasn't sure when to start.
Old November 13th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Admiral

You need to do your homework and decide what you want to do first. I also suggest you have all your touring plans selected, THEN reserve. The problem that frequently happens is people get all excited over a particular tour, rush to book it, then keep getting more and more information- decide something else is a must do- either want to cancel what they booked- if independent- cancelation fees, or find they don't have the right time, etc etc etc.

So I suggest, you look over a shore excursion list- NARROW down your interests, DETERMINE your budget- this isn't the place to skimp in my opinion. List- perhaps your top 5 in each port, then continue to research. DO not hesistate to split up, tours are costly and there is no point in dragging someone along who isn't interested and no sense in missing out a great tour you want to take.

Myself, I never take ship tours and always book direct with the venders- there are many excellent ones in Alaska to consider.
Old November 28th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Passenger

Default alaska tour

Many of the tours have limited capacity becaus e of equipment--such as helicopter small planes or train--so booking early might be a good idea..Tours are expensive which require flights but are something you will be thrilled with and remember forever

have a wonderful time
Old November 29th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: When to start reserving Excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by najdawi
We are taking the Norwegian Pearl 7 day Alaskan Cruise June 24th, 2007. (depart/return from Seattle).

I would like advice on when I need to actually start booking my excursions. It is mid-November now, and wasn't sure if I should start researching and booking in the winter, spring, or now??

Thanks for the advice.
I'll sort of second the great advice others have posted. How i like to do it..
1) research the available tours
2) Narrow them down
3) post questions here Cruisemates for others who may have done these prospective tours
4) Once I have made my decision, then book online as soon as possible
I have a Carnival cruise booked for May and have already held two "must see" shore excursions to my credit card. This through the line's web site.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">