Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:01 PM
First Mate

Default im confused about the bags for the land/ship?

i have read somewhere about only being aloud 1 bag for the land part of the cruise extention. i can understand this because of the needed space on the buses and things, but where do your other bags go when you doing the land tours for up to a week before the cruise.

and what if you do your own tours and not the ones from the ship. will there be a place to keep your extra luggage untill you are ready to board?

thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Admiral

antron,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
i have read somewhere about only being aloud 1 bag for the land part of the cruise extention. i can understand this because of the needed space on the buses and things, but where do your other bags go when you doing the land tours for up to a week before the cruise.
The actual limitation applies to what you take with you on some segments of some land tours. For example, if you are going from Anchorage to Denali, staying overnight, and then continuing on to Fairbanks, the tour operator may limit you to one bag travelling with you and make separate arrangements to transport the rest of your luggage directly from Anchorage to Fairbanks. It's only the one or two nights in Denali that you have only one bag with you.

Norm.
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Admiral

The information will be fully disclosed with your documents. It depends on the particular tour you have booked. Some tours separate your cruise bags and hold them, then deliver them direct to the ship. Some go with you your whole land trip, but might not go the same transportation mode. It all "depends".
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
First Mate

Default norm and karen

thanks for the help. it is good to know that my other luggage will be taken care of and possibly sent to the ship. the will make the land tour even better not having to lug my bags around with me