Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to gspin2k1
Default 6 ppl in 2 rooms

So I am in charge of booking an Alaska cruise for my family and girlfriend. Sadly cruises only take 4 ppl max per room. And I have 6 ppl. with a pretty decent budget, but of course, we'd like to save money so we can and spend it on entertainment instead. Just curious if people were able to "get away with this" in the past. My thought was having 4 people stay in the cheaper inside room, and having 2 ppl stay in a suite room, and then the majority of the time having all six of us "hang out" and/or even spend the night in the suite during the week cruise. Or are the cruise attendants pretty strict about making sure there are only the reserved amount of people in each room? Thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Yukon Send a message via Yahoo to Yukon

Maybe I'm not understanding your question. Why would you pay for 2 cabins and then leave one unused? As many people as you want can hang out in a cabin, but beds are only made for the number of people registered to that cabin.
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: 6 ppl in 2 rooms

gspin2k1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
So I am in charge of booking an Alaska cruise for my family and girlfriend. Sadly cruises only take 4 ppl max per room. And I have 6 ppl. with a pretty decent budget, but of course, we'd like to save money so we can and spend it on entertainment instead. Just curious if people were able to "get away with this" in the past. My thought was having 4 people stay in the cheaper inside room, and having 2 ppl stay in a suite room, and then the majority of the time having all six of us "hang out" and/or even spend the night in the suite during the week cruise. Or are the cruise attendants pretty strict about making sure there are only the reserved amount of people in each room? Thanks a bunch.
Fundamentally, there's certainly no problem with four people sleeping in an inside cabin that has two "upper" berthis to accommodate four passengers and everybody hanging out in a suite where the other two passengers sleep. Nonetheless, that might not be the optimal solution for your situation. In particular, the interior cabins usually are the smallest cabins on a cruise ship, so they tend to be very cramped for four people who are trying to get ready to go ashore, or to go to dinner, or whatever, at the same time. You'll also find that storage space in such cabins is pretty tight. I also would not be so concerned about having a suite to gather, as there are plenty of lounges around the ship that will easily accommodate groups of six or eight -- and you probably won't want to hang out there anyway with all the activites and events that will be happening all over the ship, anyway.

There are a couple solutions that probably would be more satisfactory for your group.

>> 1. Some of the new cruise ships have "family suites" that are designed to accommodate six to eight passengers. These suites would accommodate your entire party.

>> 2. You also could split into three separate cabins. Three standard cabins probably would not cost more than the suite, and this arrangement would be much more comfortable for all of you.

Anyway, have a great cruise, whatever you decde!

Norm.
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:47 AM
First Mate

My husband and I often take our family. 2 Granddaughters -mom and dad
total 6 of us.We like to get adjoining rooms and yes we really all share each others rooms. There is advantage that way you have two bathrooms. At nap time we can close the door and kids can sleep or if we want to sleep in they won't wake us. It really works well. The ship regulates how many per room not all cabins sleep four so you have to be creative when you book.After you check in they don't care who switches back and forth.We just booked one cabin with four and a smaller cabin for two next door.