Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Passenger

Default What to wear on board?

(Posted this on What to Pack Forum and realize I may get more help here so forgive the duplicate!) I have cruised and vacationed in the Caribbean and understand how to dress there. But this Alaska thing has really got me confused. I get the port dress Ok (layers, wet weather stuff, and comfortable walking shoes) This is what I don't get - how to dress on board! I assume that regardless of the temp outside the inside of the ship will be normal short sleeve kind of "weather". But is it really acceptable to run around in jeans on board? On other cuises I would have been in capris and sundresses which I would think would really be out of place there.
Oh we cruise end of May. Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

You would wear clothing that you would wear at any upscale resort or hotel...you can wear jeans during the day, but not to the dining room in the evening. The inside of the ship is kept at a comfortable temperature, but if you go outside you might want your jacket or sweater. I take dressy velour or knit "sweats" and also comfortable pants or capris, knit tops and sweaters to wear during the day. I save my jeans for the shore excursions. My husband wears khakis and short sleeve shirts during the day. You can wear shorts if that is your preference, as sometimes it can be fairly warm sailing through the inside passage in May. Be sure and bring swim suits with cover-ups as most ships have indoor pools.
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Passenger

Thank you SoCalGal. I really need to go thru my closet and see what I can come up with I guess. I am really not a Khaki person but hubby is!
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can wear your jeans and t-shirts/sweat shirts onboard during the day, just be comfortable and dress for the weather even inside. The basic dress code to follow would be the evening one for dinner in the dining room.

Message Boards Moderator