Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Default First Time Alaska Cruiser

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I am brand new to this forum, just found it today. I have just recently been introduced to forums online and I know I'll love this one.

I've been on 5 cruises so far. All Caribbean bound. Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, Norwegian, and an old Sunquest cruise.

Anyways, we are looking to go on a Alaska cruise in August 2008. We have just begun researching the possibilities. We can narrow it down pretty good because we want to depart on a Saturday or Sunday at the beginning of the month. That leaves:

Princess: Sapphire Princess or Diamond Princess
Celebrity: Mercury
HAL: Zaandam or Volendam
Norwegian: Star or Sun
Royal: Serenade of the Seas

I'd love to hear what you guys think of any of these Alaska cruises or any past experiences you've had on these vessels.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Admiral

You list looks like it is considering round trip, either Vancouver or Seattle??

As only my priority, I would book a round trip Vancouver. Far more scenic sailing. With HAL, again, I don't know what specific itineraries these are, but the winner- would be a sailing that has both Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm.

So only for my opinion. I would look for round trip Vancouver and Glacier Bay overall.
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome Vandutch...We are leaving Thursday, flying into Anchorage. Renting a car and doing a land trip for 9 days, then boarding the Sapphire Princess on June 9 from Whittier. We will get off the ship in Vancouver, then train ride to Seattle...It seems to be cheaper airline flights from Seattle...I will let you know how the Sapphire is, when I return...Susan