Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Beginner

Default Vancouver to Alaska on Carnival airfare question

Hi all
This might seem like a stupid question but I can't find anywhere that says for sure.... On Carnival's Alaska cruise (northbound) Does the price include ROUNDTRIP airfare or is it just to Vancouver?
Thanks
Laura
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Vancouver to Alaska on Carnival airfare question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaura
Hi all
On Carnival's Alaska cruise (northbound) Does the price include ROUNDTRIP airfare or is it just to Vancouver?
Thanks
Laura
Where are you getting a quote? If you are using the Carnival website and you asked for airfare to be included in your total, it will be round trip...that is...they will fly you to Vancouver and fly you home from Anchorage.

Tip: Cruise air is expensive and non-competitive compared with what you can get on your own.
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 (Mediterranean)

Old July 30th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Beginner

I got pricing from Carnival's website and other cruise agent websites (all about the same) I guess I should just call Carnival and ask
Laura
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Admiral

Also compare what you can get on your own. A clear advantage with getting flight times you want. Look at "multi city" options on airline web sites. Factor in transfers since cruiseair usually includes them.
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:41 AM
First Mate

For Carnival, the price of the ticket is One way to/from Vancouver and one way to/from Anchorage.

Have a great trip,
Kathy
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
For Carnival, the price of the ticket is One way to/from Vancouver and one way to/from Anchorage.
That actually depends where you are originating and returning. If it's a legal open jaw, you can fly to Vancouver and return from Anchorage for the average of the round trip fares to both cities, which usually are cheaper than one way fares. Basically, the "open jaw" criteria require (1) that your point of origin be at least as far from Vancouver as Anchorage and (2) that you return to the city of origin.

Norm.
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
First Mate

I booked by tickets throught Carnival, so I don't know what they did. It was an 8 hour flight home and a 4 hour flight to Vancouver, so I did not want to risk missing the boat. All I know is I had a ticket for each port. I guess Norm's logic applies to my case as we flew to Vancouver and returned from Anchorage

Kathy
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Kathy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by katluc
I booked by tickets throught Carnival, so I don't know what they did. It was an 8 hour flight home and a 4 hour flight to Vancouver, so I did not want to risk missing the boat. All I know is I had a ticket for each port. I guess Norm's logic applies to my case as we flew to Vancouver and returned from Anchorage
The cruise lines actually have special contractual rates under which the airline can provide any routing at all. You might end up going from Boston to Fort Lauderdale via Denver because those flights have unsold seats....

Norm.