Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Beginner

Default Seattle port to the airport?

How long of a drive is it from the seattle aiport to the NCL Star ship leaving from Seattle? I am planning an airplane reservation to leave the Seattle airport leaving at 1:20. With all the lines and crowdedness I hear about the Seattle airport is the belief that I will get there in enough time. How far is the ship to the airport? The boat states it's arrival at Seattle is 8:00 a.m. Do yuo think it is enough time ?????? Thanks ahead for any replys.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Depending on traffic........it could take 30 minutes to a hour......to get to the airport......then you have to take into account that the ship docks on time & the port gives the ok to disembark..........if all goes as planned you should be able to make the 1:20 flight........you should plan on being at the airport AT least 2 hours before the flight....so by at LEAST 11 am.

So you should be ok........

Sharon
Old October 14th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on the Golden Princess out of Seattle on Sept. 15th. We used a Town Car service to and from the airport. Cost was a total of $40 each way (not per person), plus a tip for the driver. We disembarked by 8:30 and the driver was at the port ready to meet us. We hopped in the car and made it to at the airport in 30 minutes. Our flight left at 12:30. We had plenty of time to hit a few shops for last minute souveniers and e an early lunch at the airport. If you book a transfer with the ship, you end up waiting for the bus to fill before you leave for the airport. The transfer with Princess was $18 per person, so we opted for the Town Car service for $4 dollars more. It was worth it.
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Admiral

You will have no problem making your flight.
Old January 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Passenger

we are deciding on a flight @ 12:45 is that too early?
let me know thx so much

Free Cruise Clocks
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yet another timing question.

I can book out of Seattle to Newark Fri Jun 27th at 11 a.m.
To go later in the day is a couple of hundred more - (x 4 people = $$$)
We are 'sched' to dock at 6 a.m., there are 2 other ships in port that day (according to cruisecal website) - Do I have any chance to make the sea/tac airport by 9:30-ish for check in, or am I dreaming?
Thanks for any info!
Safe travels,
NonaMary
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Admiral

That is pushing it.
Another thing to take into consideration:
Timely disembarcation.

The Ryndam was delayed for 45 minutes because customs would not clear the ship. Seems there were two non US families that could not be found to meet with immigration officials.

If that happens to you AND you get priority disembarcation you're pushing 10:30 to just ARRIVE at the airport.
Go the next day and spend the savings checking out Seattle.
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Dan.

If we change airlines for the return trip, there is a 4:08pm flight out of Seattle, gets us back to Newark 12:15 a.m. Not too much of an increase in fare. Guess that's the way to go.

Will see where (if possible) we can park our luggage and walk around the port area to kill time before going to the airport should we be off the ship very early.

Since we have booked a 2-nite stay pre-cruise, additional time is not in our schedule.

Thanks again,
Safe travels,
Mary
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Flight booking and Baggage Lockers

Hi fellow cruisers,

I have called the Cruise Seattle Concierge (206-441-6666) today. Spoke to a nice gentleman named Bill. Found out there is a place to keep luggage on day of embarkation or day of disembarkation. It works for us as we will most likely book a 4 pm flight out the day we get off the ship.

"Go thru customs, out the door, Left, go about 10 feet, Concierge Service will hold your luggage for you until 3:30 p.m. for a fee of $3 per bag."
This is only for the day you leave or return on the cruise out of Seattle.

Also in addition to the postings about flight time going home, the captains club also recommends not booking a flight until at least 12 Noon "at the earliest" is what I was told. (Basically what the boards/posts have said.)

And just FYI, Seattle downtown area is under quite a bit of construction, has been for awhile. They are working on a lite-rail system linking the cruise terminal to the airport, which is expected to be finished spring of 2009.

Safe travels.

Nona
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Passenger

thanks so much that is very helpful! i appreciate it!
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Admiral

I would not book an 11am flight. You need to allow at least 30 minutes for a cab, maybe 45 depending on traffic. No way to predict when the ship will clear. The only way I would consider this is with self disembarking.

There is baggage storage at pier 66. From there you just turn right outside the dock building, go down a block, cross the street and take the elevator up. Walk up the street, turn right, You then have a block to Pikes Market.
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Karen16,
Good directions but ya gotta admit...its a long walk.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Admiral

It's a longer walk from the bus stop that I take from the airport hotel to the ship, that I always take.

Without bags Pikes Market is easy to get to from Pier 66. Of course with any mobility issues not recommended.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Admiral

...and uphill