Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Beginner

Default Vancouver hotel

My family and I are currently booked at Accents - Airport. There are 14 of us going on a cruise but have planned to spend the weekend in Vancouver before the cruise. Have we made a mistake by booking at Accents? Will we need to rent cars because we are so far away from the sites (including the port)? Would it be better to pay a little more and book downtown and use mass transit or will equal out in the end?
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Vancouver hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica P
My family and I are currently booked at Accents - Airport. There are 14 of us going on a cruise but have planned to spend the weekend in Vancouver before the cruise. Have we made a mistake by booking at Accents? Will we need to rent cars because we are so far away from the sites (including the port)? Would it be better to pay a little more and book downtown and use mass transit or will equal out in the end?
You probably require at least 2 mini vans for 14 people.
Probably three to handle the luggage . You might want to arrange a limo service togo to the port on departure.

There is now is a new website for Vancouver Info

http://www.vancouver.com/

You didn't say when your in Vancouver. If you stayed in the downtown you could visit many attractions using transit and/or the tour trolley that does a loop thru the city.

If you take a vehicle into the downtown , parking is hard to find ansd also very pricey ($10/day). On street parking , in Stanely park and Granville Island parking runs about $4/hr.

Have fun

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old June 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Vancouver hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica P
When are you going? Perhaps you still have time to find something closer to downtown.

Cheers
Col & Sue
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Beginner

We will be in Vancouver June 20-June 22. My sister is tempted to cancel reservations at Accent and attempt Priceline at the last minute.
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Beginner

I am a little nervous about not having arrangements in place. So, I am pretty concerned about canceling reservations and not deciding up front whether we are going to rent mini-vans or not.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ket920

Jessica-

We did hotwire and chose the downtown vancouver section A. We got the Sutton Place (named after purchase) for $179 a night and it is a 5 star hotel. The hotel has an airport shuttle and a complimentary limo service to use downtown-we are 6 blocks from port. I would suggest trying for a downtown hotel. You could look around and see what you find, cancel the old, purchase the new.

Lots of luck! Have a great weekend.

Free Cruise Clocks