Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Vancouver hotel after alaska cruise

Well, I have booked my flights TO anchorage and the hotel in anchorage in anticipation of our alaska cruise out of whittier May -09(still have to get the train transfer to whittier), however, while looking for flights home, it appears that the latest flights go at 10:30 a.m. and then not again until like 7:30 pm which puts us flying overnight and getting home mid morning the next day. My thoughts are to stay in Vancouver after the cruise for one night and fly out early in the am. the next day putting us home about 8:30 pm here in lafayette. In order to do this, I need some ideas on which hotels to stay at at a reasonable rate for a one night stay before the flight home. Any suggestions anyone? And what can we do cheaply in Vancouver (by then funds may be exhausted..lol) Thanks..
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Admiral

I have ideas but might be a bit too pricey. Pan Pacific Hotel and a trip to Victoria should not be missed. If not there is always Gas Town in Van.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Beginner

Default Just back from Alaska cruise

We stayed in Vancouver the day before our cruise (June 27 - July 7). It was a family affair so did not want to spend tons of money. We stayed at an Holiday Inn (on Howe Street). To go to Stanley Park, we used the bus system (can get a break on tickets at a 7/11). We (my husband and I) walked to Granville Island (5 blocks & took the ferry back). Wish we'd had more time but did enjoy seeing what we did.
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Wow thanks. I too wish I would have more time in Vancouver - but unfortunately (or should I say fortunately) I have to get back to work (to earn for another cruise!!).
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Admiral

We had a 6 am flight out of Vancouver. The cab ride was about $30. We booked a hotel thru Priceline in downtown Vancouver area and got the Hyatt once and the Sheraton another time by bidding on 4*. They are both in great locations on Burrard. It took a couple of days because we kept the bid low. You will get to your hotel around 10 am and if your room is not ready they will hold your luggage. Then you can do the double decker bus that will take you all over Vancouver. The bus stop is right outside both hotels and other convenient locations. The buses come by every 15 minuest or so. Take the tour around once then decide what you want to see and go around again. It is about $30/pp USD. You can get off in Stanley Park and walk around, get off at the Point and take great pictures, get off at the Starbucks by Granville Island and walk around, same with GasTown and China Town. It is a great tour that you can do all day and you see a lot. We used our credit card for the best exchange rate. Enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302