Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Beginner

Default People needed for floatplane/bear viewing trip 25AUG Juneau

I'm planning to charter a plane to Pack Creek on Monday, August 25th. There are two of us and, to be honest, it's far more affordable if I can get at least two or four more people. Total cost would be $160RT per person for the plane plus the park permit (either $50 or $25 depending on your age).
Please reply to this post asap if you are interested. Our ship docks at 8AM so I'd like to take off by 9AM. You would be back around 1 or 2PM.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Not to discourage, but the peak of the action at Pack Creek won't be until the afternoon on Aug. 25 due to the tides... is 2-ish hours really enough time to do it justice? If you depart by 9am, you'll be ashore by 10-ish. To be back in town by 1 or 2 means you'll be leaving by noon... That hardly leaves enough time to hike to the tower and back, let alone if anyone is already there (preventing you from access.)

Pack Creek is an amazing place to visit, but I've always thought it was an all day experience rather than a short excursion. When we were there the other day, nobody wanted to leave once a sow came to the creek to fish with her 2 new cubs... 6 bears fishing at once, and another 4 at the tower (plus 3 more down the beach on the boat-ride back to 5-Finger light!)

Happy Alaska Travels!
-Case
Old August 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Thanks Case! I'm definitely flexible on the timing and totally willing to wait for an early afternoon departure. We could stay at Pack Creek for 4+ hours and still be back in Juneau well before the ship departs. If you know of any other way for me to find plane-mates, I'd greatly appreciate it. At this point, if I haven't heard from anyone prior to our cruise departure on 22AUG, I will try to corral a couple from our ship or take our chances once we arrive in Juneau.