Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Beginner

Default Seattle????

Booking the Carnival Spirit for next summer and would like to stay in Seattle for a couple of nights before we sail. Any suggestions on hotels that are affordable and near the night life or down town.

Zk
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Admiral

I live in Washington state, but not in Seattle. I would suggest using Priceline or Hotwire to garner a four (or three) star room at a vary moderate price. You can specify "downtown" or "Pike's Market" area before you bid and or purchase.

The last time we went to Seattle we stayed at the Crown Plaza and paid $59 per night as a three and a half star property on Hotwire. It was a very nice hotel and close to everything. In the downtown area cabs can take you anywhere and the fares are very reasonablle because distances are very close. Bus service is quite good too. And don't forget the monorail and light rail too..

One of our favorite restaurants is "The Pink Door" and one of our favorite clubs is "Tractor." The Tractor Tavern is a few miles out of the downtown area but well worth it. They have a web site that will tell you who is appearing. It's a small club that brings in big name performers. It's awsome.
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Passenger

Default Fairmont

I lived in Seattle for nearly 5 years, but had no reason to stay in any of their wonderful downtown hotels. I was a novice when it came to booking a nice hotel, close to pier 19.

But I was able to locate a great hotel, close to downtown and the pier.

Also was able to obtain a good price for the Fairmont Olympic Hotel (do a google search) and was able to book it for 1/2 price. about $150 a night verses $360 a night... Through hotels.com

good luck
I'm heading to Alaska September 4th.. but staying in Seattle for three days.
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Passenger

We stayed in downtown Seattle at the La Quinta Downtown, when we returned from our Alaskan cruise. It was about $150, the prices at the hotels increase when a cruise ship is sailing or returning. We got a discount because we are SAMS club members. The room we had was huge and I thought the beds were comfy. The breakfast wasn't that great. If you don't mind walking a few blocks, it is within walking distance of the Seattle Center and the Shopping district. We even walked to the Waterfront, but took the free bus up and down the street there. Have fun!
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are in for a day or two pre cruise, you might look into staying by the airport and renting a car then drive into downtown and go to the cruise dock and check it out so when you get there you will know where to check in. It's a little cheaper for hotels. Then return the car and take the shuttle express to the dock.