Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Passenger

Default Pre-Alaska Cruise

My husband and I are planning an Alaskan cruise next May 28 and we need advice. We are hoping to fly in to Anchorage two or three days early and want to see as much as we can in that short length of time. I know there is so much to do and wanted some suggestions prior to our leaving Seward on the cruise.

I saw Kenai Fjord in Seward and it was highly recommended but when I looked on the web site it doesn't open until June 1. Any other suggestions around Seward? What about in the Anchorage area? We need help from someone who has been there.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Not sure what web site you are looking at, but most certainly there are Kenai Fjord boat tours running in May. I would add as many days pre cruise as you can and get to Seward, rather than spending the time in Anchorage. Otherwise, get yourself a car rental out of Anchorage and do your touring there- if that is your priority area.

You need to do your home work and find out what is of the most interest to you in the areas. Then make your location choice www.anchorage.net www.seward.com
Old July 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Passenger

I used to live in Anchorage. Eat at Glacier Brewhouse or Moose's Tooth. They both brew their own beer and have great food. Glacier Brewhouse is a little more "upscale" but still very laid back with a great atmosphere. If you eat at Moose's Tooth their Pale beer is the best.
Old October 5th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Beginner

I can second the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage! Yumm!

Also, if you look at this website:

http://www.kenaifjords.com/kenai-daycruises.html

you can see that they DO have day tours of the Fjords in May. I can HIGHLY recommend these tours! I just got back from an Alaskan tour that included the National Parks cruise. We had a fabulous time, and saw tons of wildlife and beautiful scenery. Definitely worth doing! (They even have options that include your transportation to and from Anchorage!)

Sayhello