Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Default Age Range for Alaskan Cruise

My husband and I are going on an Alaskan cruise in July. The more I read in posts, the more I see that the average age range going to Alaska is a bit older than we are. My husband and I are both 30. We will not be that out of place on this ship will we?
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chence View Post
My husband and I are going on an Alaskan cruise in July. The more I read in posts, the more I see that the average age range going to Alaska is a bit older than we are. My husband and I are both 30. We will not be that out of place on this ship will we?
I sailed on Holland America a few years ago and there was a full range of ages on board.
The Alaska cruise season is relatively short, and July is school vacation time, so you are likely to have diverse group of fellow passengers.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Admiral

chence,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Well, you didn't say on which ship you are going.

But most cruises to Alaska attract a wide range of ages. Even Holland America Lines, noted for catering to the geriatric set, gets a significant number of young adults and familes with children on its Alaska cruises, though that's still not the line to choose if you want a ship with a disco that's a "happenin' place" well into the wee hours.

Most of the other major cruise lines draw a very broad spectrum of ages. Most ships carry a couple thousand passengers, so if even 1% is in the "twenty-something" range, that's about twenty. Most cruise lines seem to get at least two or three times that on typical Alaska sailings.

Norm.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

There will be plenty of cruisers your age onboard, kids too for that time frame...You will have a wonderful time, enjoy the scenery!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Admiral

ALL Alaska cruises have similar demographics, with middle aged and above the bulk, however. All ages do sail.

Frankly, for Alaska, most of that attraction is OFF the ship, with an itinerary priority, being the best for some.

I am just off HAL myself after a 3 week Alaska visit. HAL has some of the top itineraries, in my opinion, with this past trip being # 27 to Alaska for me.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Beginner

My son will be 21 when we go and is the reason we are going. He has wanted to go to Alaska forever! He is the real outdoors type. I don't think you will be out of place at all. Maybe alaska for a lot of people, cannot afford such a trip until they are older.
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, I have never heard of anyone that didn't!
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Passenger

Hi!

we had all ages on the NCL Pearl... but children were out of sight most of the time...:-)

Susan
Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:37 AM
First Mate

Default Well, how was it

Well, now you have done your trip. Dd you enjoy and did you find you were part of a group older then you thought.
Alaska brings out a lot of familes, a lot of singles , a lot of ones who remain young and a lot who enjoy the bars at each stop
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/