Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Familiar Face

Default Vancouver Hotels w/Airport and/or Port Shuttles?

I am arranging a Holland cruise for two family members. The cruise is to Anchorange, departing Sunday July 31. I have arranged for them to fly into Vancouver, arriving on July 30 around 11:00 AM.

One thing I'm aiming at is the least sturm und dragn possible as far as transportation is concerned.

Does anyone happen to know of hotel(s) with shuttles to/from the airport AND the ship port? OR a hotel with a shuttle from the airport and a location very near the cruise port?

Thanks in advance for anyone who's already uncovered such a facility and is willing to share the info!
Old July 5th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Admiral

The only shuttles I've seen at YVR are to airport hotels. Very easy to just jump in a cab from the airport downtown. It's about a $35 cab ride and takes about 35 minutes.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Rivilian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
I am arranging a Holland cruise for two family members. The cruise is to Anchorange, departing Sunday July 31. I have arranged for them to fly into Vancouver, arriving on July 30 around 11:00 AM.

One thing I'm aiming at is the least sturm und dragn possible as far as transportation is concerned.

Does anyone happen to know of hotel(s) with shuttles to/from the airport AND the ship port? OR a hotel with a shuttle from the airport and a location very near the cruise port?

Thanks in advance for anyone who's already uncovered such a facility and is willing to share the info!
I'm not aware of any hotels in Vancover that offer shuttles. However, there are quite a few hotels that are within four or five blocks of the cruise terminals. Most of the major cruise lines seem to sail from the cruise terminal at Canada Place, which is right in the downtown area, but a few use another cruise terminal.

On my second embarkation in Vancouver, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Georgia Hotel. This hotel, situated right between a Fairmont hotel and a Four Seasons hotel, is still in business, but it's no longer a Crowne Plaza property. On embarkation day, I rolled my luggage about four or five blocks down the hill to Canada Place for embarkation.

On my most recent visit, I stayed at a very upscale Holiday Inn that was a few blocks further from the pier. I took a taxi, primarily because I did not feel like dragging my luggage up the hill and partly because I knew that the hotel was f bit further from the pier. IIRC, the taxi fare was about $10.

One other thought: if you book a hotel package through your cruise line, the hotel package will include the transfer from the hotel to the pier.

Norm.
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Admiral

The Georgia isn't open, it's been under renovation for over a year. There are lots of good hotels around Canada Place though. Pan Pacific would be the absolute easiest to get to Canada Place as it's an elevator ride. Fairmont Waterfront is across the street. Renaissance, Marriot, Hyatt are all good and close.

Hawaii By land x 2
Old July 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I have been doing a similar search. I have found nothing that offers BOTH a cruise port and airport shuttle. Just last night I booked La Quinta near the airport. I'm arriving late so I'll use their shuttle from the airport. Haven't decided how to get to cruise terminal as yet. I went with LaQuinta as it is a Texas company and very consistent in service and quality.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
I have been doing a similar search. I have found nothing that offers BOTH a cruise port and airport shuttle. Just last night I booked La Quinta near the airport. I'm arriving late so I'll use their shuttle from the airport. Haven't decided how to get to cruise terminal as yet. I went with LaQuinta as it is a Texas company and very consistent in service and quality.
Vancouver is an incredible city. It would be a shame to cruise from there without seeing some of it (Gastown, Glanville Island, Stanley Park).

Staying near the pier (Pan Pacific, Waterfront hotels are favorites of mine) you are also in the "middle of the action" and just a short walk to Gastown.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Admiral

My flight doesn't arrive until 9:00 pm so I will be short on time. I would have loved to arrive earlier, but when you start out at Waco Municipal with only four flights a day the options are limited. I have not been to Vancouver so I'll try to get to the city early the following morning.

But I will look at more options.

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
My flight doesn't arrive until 9:00 pm so I will be short on time. I would have loved to arrive earlier, but when you start out at Waco Municipal with only four flights a day the options are limited. I have not been to Vancouver so I'll try to get to the city early the following morning.

But I will look at more options.
It's not going to take you not much longer to hop in a cab to get downtown rather than wait for a shuttle to take you to Richmond then at least you wake up downtown and can take in a bit of Vancouver rather than spending your morning getting downtown.

Hawaii By land x 2
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Admiral

[QUOTE=Trackypup;1380065]It's not going to take you not much longer to hop in a cab to get downtown rather than wait for a shuttle to take you to Richmond then at least you wake up downtown and can take in a bit of Vancouver rather than spending your morning getting downtownVancouver

After reviewing Gastown, etc. online that does seem to be the better option. Time for a nightcap in a bar that evening then some touring in the morning.

I assume it's safe from hockey holligans?

Future Cruises:
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Admiral

[QUOTE=Snoozeman;1380074]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
It's not going to take you not much longer to hop in a cab to get downtown rather than wait for a shuttle to take you to Richmond then at least you wake up downtown and can take in a bit of Vancouver rather than spending your morning getting downtownVancouver

After reviewing Gastown, etc. online that does seem to be the better option. Time for a nightcap in a bar that evening then some touring in the morning.
You're a very wise man from what I hear Priceline is great for downtown Vancouver.

Hawaii By land x 2
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Hahhaa missed your last comment! yes, you'll be safe from Hockey Holligans

Hawaii By land x 2
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
Hahhaa missed your last comment! yes, you'll be safe from Hockey Holligans
Yes I added that--but then couldn't do the smiley.

Thanks for Priceline tip--I'm checking that now.

Future Cruises:
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Admiral

There is a shuttle from YVR to downtown that stops at all the hotels .
Most downtown hotels are only a $15 ride to the cruise port.
Depending on the mobility of the people you could take the Canada Line
downtown to the hotels. If required take taxi from Canada Line to the Hotel
Would be cheaper then using a taxi.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Woo Hoo--I used Priceline and got the Hyatt Regency Downtown. I bid $120 and got it for $119. Happy with that. Taxes, etc will make it $145, but I guess I would have had that at the LaQuinta as well. That's the 1st time I've ever used Priceline. Cool. Now I get to see the steam clock!!

Future Cruises:
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Woo Hoo--I used Priceline and got the Hyatt Regency Downtown. I bid $120 and got it for $119. Happy with that. Taxes, etc will make it $145, but I guess I would have had that at the LaQuinta as well. That's the 1st time I've ever used Priceline. Cool. Now I get to see the steam clock!!
Excellent - The Hyatt is nice. Wave to me when you walk down to Gastown, I'm about 1 1/2 blocks from the Hyatt

You're in a really good location, two blocks from Robson for a bit of shopping and there's a smallish mall right below the Hyatt with a food court.

Hawaii By land x 2