Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Default Princess Cruise, Voyage of the Glaciers, which date?

I am looking at two very similarly priced cruises with Princess, both Northbound Voyage of the Glaciers cruise. Aside from the obvious glaciers, my main focus is whale watching and salmon fishing(something not available where I live). Would it be better to go on the May 14th sailing of the Coral Princess or the May 19th sailing of the Sapphire Princess for my particular purposes. Also, do they allow you to bring your own fishing equipment with you, if anyone has went on a fishing excursion?

Brad
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Not sure if either date makes much difference, but I have also read that fishing excursions will include the equipment, so no need to bother traveling with them, especially if flying and all the restrictions, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 29th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Well, for me, carrying a travel rod and reel may be a good idea since I will have further use for it later(I will be going on Salmon fishing trips from time to time, and will be getting into saltwater fishing, since I am a chef in training). I just want to make sure the fish are biting when I go. I have some cruise credit and onboard credit with Princess, so that is why I made them my first choice for this cruise.