CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Alaska (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/alaska/)
-   -   Vancouver Cruise Port to Seattle Airport Transportation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/alaska/388485-vancouver-cruise-port-seattle-airport-transportation.html)

aleckhart March 26th, 2012 10:07 PM

Vancouver Cruise Port to Seattle Airport Transportation

I am cruising to Alaska from Vancouver. I am flying in to Vancouver but departing from Seattle and looking for information on transportation from the Vancouver cruise port to Seattle airport. The ship docks at 7:00am and my flight leaves Seattle at 2:45pm.

Trackypup March 26th, 2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleckhart (Post 1422180)
I am cruising to Alaska from Vancouver. I am flying in to Vancouver but departing from Seattle and looking for information on transportation from the Vancouver cruise port to Seattle airport. The ship docks at 7:00am and my flight leaves Seattle at 2:45pm.

You're brave. I think the cruise lines recommend after 4 for flying out of Seattle if disembarking in Vancouver.

aerospace March 27th, 2012 01:53 AM

There is a train but if I remember correct it only goes twice a day which is hard given your limited timeframe. Your best option is likely to simply rent a cheap car for the day and drive.

MercedMike March 27th, 2012 12:40 PM

Vancouver to Seattle

Honestly it is best to book the transfer with the cruise line. In the past there has been a program called US DIRECT in which the ship put your bags directly on a bus to the airport and you did not have to go through Canadian customs. Not sure if this is still in effect.

The bus gets to go through a special border crossing and can avoid up to a two hour wait at the border.

OTOH we had a great time renting a car in Vancouver and driving south, going on to the Chukanut Trail and stopping at an Oyster House for lunch. But AIRC we had a late flight when we did that.

Trackypup March 27th, 2012 01:51 PM

You get to go through the Truck Crossing, but so do all the other commercial vehicles. The train will be leaving too early in the am to meet the ship. I'd definitely do the ships transportation, but I think you're cutting it far too close. It's about 3 1/2 hours drive down to Seatac from Canada Place and that's without any wait at the border. The bus isn't going to leave until it's full.

So best case scenario, you're away from Canada Place by 8:30, 45 - 1 hour at the border, 3 1/2 drive, 90 minute check in at seatac...that puts you at 2:30 with everything going like clockwork.

Kamloops Cruiser March 27th, 2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercedMike (Post 1422234)
Honestly it is best to book the transfer with the cruise line. In the past there has been a program called US DIRECT in which the ship put your bags directly on a bus to the airport and you did not have to go through Canadian customs. Not sure if this is still in effect.

The bus gets to go through a special border crossing and can avoid up to a two hour wait at the border.

OTOH we had a great time renting a car in Vancouver and driving south, going on to the Chukanut Trail and stopping at an Oyster House for lunch. But AIRC we had a late flight when we did that.

US Direct is for people flying from Vancouver to the US . It doesn't do a x border transfer 2:45PM is way to early to fly from Seattle..

nala222 April 18th, 2012 02:56 AM

I don't know when your cruise is but this is a reliable company that I have used. The border can take a bit with a bus but it is cheap and reliable. If you are traveling before May - you may have to take a bus or taxi to the hotel pickup in downtown Vancouver but then Quick shuttle will take you to SeaTac no problem. If it is after May, it will take you from Canada place, where the cruise ship will be, to SeaTac. Good Luck and enjoy Vancouver! I love living here

Quick Shuttle: Vancouver Seattle Schedule