Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,381
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Your statement is like a Irish man living in Ireland saying "Why are you coming here to Ireland, nothing special about it"...Totally irrevelant and ridiculous.
The opinion is his/hers, and they're entitled to it. Feel free to disagree, and state why. Trying to diminish another's opinion means you are unable to discuss the issue, and you're reverting to simply attacking the opinion.
__________________
C U @ C,
Kuki
CruiseMates' Staff Writer
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
  #32 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
I never said attacked..and you may need a geography lesson, Vancouver is in the Southwest.
OMG...Geography lesson...really, ok I will teach you....what do most people call the area of Seattle...The Pacific NorthWest...Right....Case closed...And I never said you said attacked..I said you must feel like I attacked you....Now I had to correct you on two counts..To most poeple in the USA they consider Vancouver in the NorthWest... Vancouver may be south west of Alaska, but not to the rest of the USA...I was comparing the area of Vancouver to the the USA...Hope that simplifies it. Lesson is completed for the day.

Last edited by buttons16; May 28th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
  #33 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

[QUOTE=Kuki;1430244]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Your statement is like a Irish man living in Ireland saying "Why are you coming here to Ireland, nothing special about it"...Totally irrevelant and ridiculous.
QUOTE]

The opinion is his/hers, and they're entitled to it. Feel free to disagree, and state why. Trying to diminish another's opinion means you are unable to discuss the issue, and you're reverting to simply attacking the opinion.
To let you in on what I ment:
I was only comparing his statement of why would he visit Alaska when he lives so close to it....I made a general statement as to anyone who does'nt like cold weather should still visit Alaska...hope that explains my statement. If not I will try to give you another example.
  #34 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
OMG...Geography lesson...really, ok I will teach you....what do most people call the area of Seattle...The Pacific NorthWest...Right....Case closed...And I never said you said attacked..I said you must feel like I attacked you....Now I had to correct you on two counts..To most poeple in the USA they consider Vancouver in the NorthWest... Vancouver may be south west of Alaska, but not to the rest of the USA...I was comparing the area of Vancouver to the the USA...Hope that simplifies it. Lesson is completed for the day.

This is just too laughable to respond.
__________________
Upcoming:

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
  #35 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
This is just too laughable to respond.
Please do respond I can enjoy a good laugh... All I was doing was responding to you...you think maybe I was thinking the same about you. well you have a great night. I know I will.
  #36 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,381
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

[QUOTE=buttons16;1430246]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post

To let you in on what I ment:
I was only comparing his statement of why would he visit Alaska when he lives so close to it....I made a general statement as to anyone who does'nt like cold weather should still visit Alaska...hope that explains my statement. If not I will try to give you another example.
No, you called the reason "ridiculous and irrelevant". That is what YOU said. That might be your opinion, but that's all it is. That doesn't make you right or qualified to toss out a value judgement with the termonology your chose.

Fact is the majority of people have limited vacation time. And many chose to use that time to visit warmer climates, and have no interest in visiting Alaska. It certainly does not make them wrong.

Alaska is a beautiful state, and well worth a visit. I've been several times, but I personally wouldn't rush back, as there's many places which I'm sure are beautiful and interesting that I haven't yet had the opportunity to visit.

Just as I no longer rush back to the Caribbean. Have sailed through most of the islands many times now, so I look for some more interesting itineraries.

BTW.. if you looked at Trackypup's "location" on his posts. He's from Vancouver, BC... that's British Columbia, Canada. That is in fact south western Canada.

And as "Tracky" stated, a beautiful province, and within that province, in close proximity to Vancouver, a very similalr topography to Alaska, with mountains, glaciers, lakes, etc. You should really try and visit some time.
__________________
C U @ C,
Kuki
CruiseMates' Staff Writer
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
  #37 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,207
Default

For the record, I'm a girl
__________________
Upcoming:

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
  #38 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,381
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
For the record, I'm a girl

Ooops.. sorry. For the record, I'm not.:-D
__________________
C U @ C,
Kuki
CruiseMates' Staff Writer
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
  #39 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Ooops.. sorry. For the record, I'm not.:-D
The mustache gave you away
__________________
Upcoming:

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
  #40 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Snoozeman's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bosque County, Texas
Posts: 5,420
Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default

Going to Alaska in September....will sail from that SW port.
__________________
Ray McDonald / Snoozeman

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
  #41 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
Going to Alaska in September....will sail from that SW port.
Good man
__________________
Upcoming:

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
  #42 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Truck Cruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 801
Default

The high cost of getting to the cruise is what holds us back. Airfare is too expensive.
__________________
Women were made to love, money was made to spend. Life is something buddy, you'll never live again.
from the song..."Joe sure knows how to live" by Eddie Raven.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
  #43 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Mike M's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 23,705
Default

Alaska is a beautiful cruise and one that all cruisers should put on their list. It is one of the most beautiful places I've cruised.

I'm not going to Alaska this year, or probably next year, because I've been there three times on cruises and once on a land vacation.

I'm concentrating on Europe, Asia, Australia and South America for my next cruises.

Take care,
Mike
__________________
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
  #44 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:13 AM
KDGodwin's Avatar
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 268
Default

We booked our Alaskan Cruise because like Trackypup we want to go somewhere with a different climate!

The high this week here in the desert is 106! I will be daydreaming of our cruise (only 102 days to go!) Wish I could go back and forth like you, Kuki!

I love Cruisemates, but there are just a couple people who constantly start things... Can't we just all get along? ;-)
__________________
*Krista*



Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
  #45 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

[QUOTE=Kuki;1430260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post

No, you called the reason "ridiculous and irrelevant". That is what YOU said. That might be your opinion, but that's all it is. That doesn't make you right or qualified to toss out a value judgement with the termonology your chose.

Fact is the majority of people have limited vacation time. And many chose to use that time to visit warmer climates, and have no interest in visiting Alaska. It certainly does not make them wrong.

Alaska is a beautiful state, and well worth a visit. I've been several times, but I personally wouldn't rush back, as there's many places which I'm sure are beautiful and interesting that I haven't yet had the opportunity to visit.

Just as I no longer rush back to the Caribbean. Have sailed through most of the islands many times now, so I look for some more interesting itineraries.

BTW.. if you looked at Trackypup's "location" on his posts. He's from Vancouver, BC... that's British Columbia, Canada. That is in fact south western Canada.

And as "Tracky" stated, a beautiful province, and within that province, in close proximity to Vancouver, a very similalr topography to Alaska, with mountains, glaciers, lakes, etc. You should really try and visit some time.
If you want to keep this going i'm willing to also...
OK lets take this sloooow....
I stated the comment was ridiculous and irrelevant MEANING this : I stated people should'nt not go to Alaska because they dislike the cold...Then Trackypup on her own all by herself responded and said that why would she go to Alaska to see glaciers and mountains and dog sleds when she lives so close...I then stated thats an irrevelant statement....it was ment in general to PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE THE COLD SHOULD'NT COUNT OUT ALASKA, her statement was like a person living in Jamaica saying I dont want to go to Dunn river falls because I live so close...that is all I ment...why its being turned into this big hoopla I have yet to figure out..

Your second paragraph : Who cares if some people have limited vacation time...this is ment to people who have the time..OF COURSE people who dont have the time wouldnt visit...Right.

And please KukiI have been to Vancouver B.C. more time then most people so your assumption if me not ever visiting is again wrong...you see I was stationed in Ft Lewis Washington for some time...and I always drove up Vancouver B.C.

As far as geography goes..Maybe for some reason your not getting it, But I will repeat again for the 3rd time here goes lets take this slow:
I was making reference to Vancouver being North East as COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE UNITED STATES NOT ALASKA....hope that spells it out for you..MOST PEOPLE WHEN THEY THINK OF Seattle they say Pacific North West...Thats the same term I use for Vancouver NORTH WEST.. simplify any more then that.
  #46 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Mike M's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 23,705
Default

Buttons:

I think you should quit while you're behind.

Take care,
Mike
__________________
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
  #47 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,776
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

Button, good discussions are what we are all about here, but, I must say, you get defensive & condescending, which is unnecessary, & it just makes for a very prickly thread, and sends it spiraling into a totally different direction, then the OP intended. There are better ways to make a point. Just my observation from south west of Boston.
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator



Last edited by Trip; May 29th, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
  #48 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
MercedMike's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,236
Talking Northwest Southwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
I never said attacked..and you may need a geography lesson, Vancouver is in the Southwest.
ROFL.

I love it!

Depends on where you are standing, doesn't it??

All of us except Santa Claus go NORTH TO ALASKA, though.
__________________
Mike

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
  #49 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:55 AM
MercedMike's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,236
Talking Hoopla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post

If you want to keep this going i'm willing to also...
OK lets take this sloooow....
I stated the comment was ridiculous and irrelevant MEANING this : I stated people should'nt not go to Alaska because they dislike the cold...Then Trackypup on her own all by herself responded and said that why would she go to Alaska to see glaciers and mountains and dog sleds when she lives so close...I then stated thats an irrevelant statement....

And please KukiI have been to Vancouver B.C. more time then most people so your assumption if me not ever visiting is again wrong...you see I was stationed in Ft Lewis Washington for some time...and I always drove up Vancouver B.C.

As far as geography goes..Maybe for some reason your not getting it, But I will repeat again for the 3rd time here goes lets take this slow:
I was making reference to Vancouver being North East as COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE UNITED STATES NOT ALASKA....hope that spells it out for you..MOST PEOPLE WHEN THEY THINK OF Seattle they say Pacific North West...Thats the same term I use for Vancouver NORTH WEST.. simplify any more then that.
If you want to keep this going I'm willing also ....

Ok let's take this slooooow ....

Offering a counter example to a comment is probably acceptable discussion.

Calling that comment irrelevant becomes questionable.

Calling another poster's remarks ridiculous accomplishes nothing and is not in the spirit of these boards, IMAO.

And evidentally you completely missed the entire point of the remark about Vancouver being in the Southwest! I think that it was, in fact, intended to point out that you, and many other posters on this board, including me, tend to have a US-centric point of view. Our member in Vancouver was gently chiding us for that viewpoint and letting us remember that there are other ways of looking at things.

She was not (I believe) trying to point out geographic ignorance, she was simply pointing out a common geographic bias. I think she did it gently and subtly -- obviously she was too subtle for you.

And, basically, the one turning it into "this big hoopla" is you. Nobody attacked you. Relax. Order a pina colada.

[Edit: For some reason, the automatic quote program attributed this quote to Kuki. I had to go in and manually change it to refer it to buttons. Some people may not know how to do that, so the program should probably be checked.]
__________________
Mike

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
  #50 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
I never said attacked..and you may need a geography lesson, Vancouver is in the Southwest.
Ok MERCEDMIKE
I guess this is not pointing out geography ignorance...

Also if you go back to the start of this trackypup started the ball rolling by telling me my theory was wrong WHEN ALL I SAID was people who dont like the cold should consider Alaska....That was all I said and I have to hear her say she lives near Alaska which proves my theory wrong....But according to you that OK...Well its not ok with me...and I will continue to defend my statement as long as you or anyone else keeps this going...NOW TELL ME HOW my theory is wrong...please explain to me..because she lives close to Alaska and doesnt like cold vacations makes my theory invalid....Beats the heck out of me how she comes to that conclusion...

Last edited by buttons16; May 29th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
  #51 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Ok MERCEDMIKE
I guess this is not pointing out geography ignorance...

Also if you go back to the start of this trackypup started the ball rolling by telling me my theory was wrong WHEN ALL I SAID was people who dont like the cold should consider Alaska....That was all I said and I have to hear her say she lives near Alaska which proves my theory wrong....But according to you that OK...Well its not ok with me...and I will continue to defend my statement as long as you or anyone else keeps this going...NOW TELL ME HOW my theory is wrong...please explain to me..because she lives close to Alaska and doesnt like cold vacations makes my theory invalid....Beats the heck out of me how she comes to that conclusion...

What you actually said was "people who don't like cold weather vacations don't know what they're missing" Right?? I was the poster that said they don't like cold weather vacations. By you saying I don't know what I'm missing, I was pointing out that your theory is in fact wrong, because I've been to Alaska twice so I know exactly what I'm missing. You may want to go back and read your own posts as you seem to be misquoting yourself.
__________________
Upcoming:

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
  #52 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamloops Cruiser View Post
Most of the trash is showing up further south in Washington than Alaska.

Haven't seen any reports of trash littering the Alaska or BC coast yet .

The odd piece like the fishing trawler and motorcycle in a container but

not a lot anything else .
My ship has been sailing the Alsaka season every year for the past 10 years.
Strangely that same trash has been littering the Alaska coasts all that time.
Did the Japanese have another tsunami they didn't tell us about?
  #53 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
What you actually said was "people who don't like cold weather vacations don't know what they're missing" Right?? I was the poster that said they don't like cold weather vacations. By you saying I don't know what I'm missing, I was pointing out that your theory is in fact wrong, because I've been to Alaska twice so I know exactly what I'm missing. You may want to go back and read your own posts as you seem to be misquoting yourself.
GEEZ you take the cake trackypup...What the heck is the difference between "people who dont like cold weather vacations dont know what they are missing" and "people who dont like the cold should consider Alaska" You tell me what the significant difference is....That is as nit picky as anyone could ever be...BOTH STATEMENTS mean the same. AND I never said YOU AS IN YOU TRACKYPUP....NEVER SAID YOU...IT WAS A GENERAL STATEMENT TO ALLif if you dont like that explanation then I am sorry, you will have to live with it. But I am glad you finally got the point or meaning of North West and how i ment it....either that or you just plain forgot that part...and if you need to bring up the point again about NORTH West as viewed by most people living in the USA I will be happy to defend that point again...ROUND 3 OVER...awaiting round 4...this could go the distance of a 12 rounder...bell cannot save the opponet. 3 knockdowns are in effect, along with 3 standing 8 counts.
  #54 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 View Post
My ship has been sailing the Alsaka season every year for the past 10 years.
Strangely that same trash has been littering the Alaska coasts all that time.
Did the Japanese have another tsunami they didn't tell us about?
in case you werent aware they did not too long ago...trash and possibly human remains have started to wash up on the Alaska shore and is expected to wash up all the way down to California. And yes, 20/20 and the CBS evening news showed trash washing up on the Alaskan coast.
  #55 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
GEEZ you take the cake trackypup...What the heck is the difference between "people who dont like cold weather vacations dont know what they are missing" and "people who dont like the cold should consider Alaska" You tell me what the significant difference is....That is as nit picky as anyone could ever be...BOTH STATEMENTS mean the same. AND I never said YOU AS IN YOU TRACKYPUP....NEVER SAID YOU...IT WAS A GENERAL STATEMENT TO ALLif if you dont like that explanation then I am sorry, you will have to live with it. But I am glad you finally got the point or meaning of North West and how i ment it....either that or you just plain forgot that part...and if you need to bring up the point again about NORTH West as viewed by most people living in the USA I will be happy to defend that point again...ROUND 3 OVER...awaiting round 4...this could go the distance of a 12 rounder...bell cannot save the opponet. 3 knockdowns are in effect, along with 3 standing 8 counts.
Wow - you really need help. I really find you one of the nastiest posters I've ever come across. I've noticed this in a few of your posts on various subjects on how you confront people. I think you need to get your anger under control and actually learn to speak to people properly and hold a respectful conversation. You seem to be lacking in a lot of social graces when it comes to holding a conversation. Post what you like, I'm done. I refuse to be brought down to your level.
__________________
Upcoming:

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets

Last edited by Trackypup; May 29th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
  #56 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
Wow - you really need help. I really find you one of the nastiest posters I've ever come across. I've noticed this in a few of your posts on various subjects on how you confront people. I think you need to get your anger under control and actually learn to speak to people properly and hold a respectful conversation. You seem to be lacking in a lot of social graces when it comes to holding a conversation. Post what you like, I'm done. I refuse to be brought down to your level.
1- I never curse nor do I ever lift my hands to anyone...I really dont have anger issues, what I do however is voice how I feel, I am not affraid to do so. I am pretty sure that you saw that this was going to keep going on so you took a very politically right way to stop the conversation.

2- I responded to your post whch first was a statement saying my theory was wrong just because you happen to live near Alaska...I made that point a few times

3- You told me I need a geography lesson, even though I made it clear to you and everyone else that I was referring to how most people in the USA viewed where Vancouver was...most people in the USA dont say its south of Alaska...most people in the USA say its in the North West. I made that clear to you and everone else a number of times.

If your done or not its ok by me...as for the comment "Brought down to my level" actually I was bringing myself down to your level...as I said before, I say what I feel but I am not violent nor do I curse. So you statement of "Get my anger under control" I must admit is WRONG.
  #57 (permalink)  
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
MercedMike's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,236
Exclamation Behave yourselves!

IF YOU KIDS DON'T BEHAVE I AM GOING TO SEND BOTH OF YOU UP TO YOUR ROOMS WITH NO COMPUTER FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!



The problem with these boards is that it is very hard to detect nuances in people's posts. This points out that polite disagreement is important. It also points out that having agreed to disagree, NOBODY CARES to have it hashed over time and time again. Nobody has to attack anybody, nobody needs to defend themselves, all that is needed is to state your opinion, state your disagreement, and then MOVE ON!

Buttons thinks Vancouver is Northwest, Tacky thinks it is Southwest, you say tomato, I say tomahto, let's call the whole thing off!
__________________
Mike

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
  #58 (permalink)  
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
IF YOU KIDS DON'T BEHAVE I AM GOING TO SEND BOTH OF YOU UP TO YOUR ROOMS WITH NO COMPUTER FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!



The problem with these boards is that it is very hard to detect nuances in people's posts. This points out that polite disagreement is important. It also points out that having agreed to disagree, NOBODY CARES to have it hashed over time and time again. Nobody has to attack anybody, nobody needs to defend themselves, all that is needed is to state your opinion, state your disagreement, and then MOVE ON!

Buttons thinks Vancouver is Northwest, Tacky thinks it is Southwest, you say tomato, I say tomahto, let's call the whole thing off!
Though I agree with your statement "Agree to Disagree" I will make every effort to continue to get my point out if it is not taken the way it was ment to....This discussion as far as I am concerned is over unless Trackypup decides to rehash it, then it would continue...but for now its ended. Thank you anyway Merced Mike...
As for No computer for the rest of the night...I will be taking wife out this evening for dinner and a movie...took a week of vacation away from my business...it would be the last vacation until the week after thanksgiving where I will take a week off then 4 weeks off starting one week before my booked cruise, 2 weeks during my cruise and one week after my cruise...Then I will decide if I want to keep or sell my business.
  #59 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,846
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

Okay - this thread is closed.

Differences in opinions are perfectly acceptable - but trying to change someone else's opinion about anything is a fruitless endeavor.

We agree to respect one another's opinions here. We also agree not to draw conclusions about other people based upon what they say, nor to characterize people in derogatory terms just because we may disagree with what they say or their opinions.

When a person is able to say "I stand corrected." they look a whole lot smarter than if they continue to defend a weak point. But it also doesn't help to continue to push someone to admit they were wrong if they don't want to say it.

Bottom line - what did we learn here? Next to nothing - and that is my point.

Peace and love - children of the '70s!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
affected, affecting, alaska, ashore, cruise, cruises, debris, japan, odd, people, shore, stuff, trash, tsunami, washing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alaska Coral Alaska 8/7 Princess Balcony $1199 Fem50 seeks Fem kvledger Seeking Cruise Companion 1 May 17th, 2014 09:08 PM
Seek Alaska TourSaver coupon book July 1-8 2011 Alaska cruise from Seattle joanieg Alaska 0 May 22nd, 2011 08:59 PM
Alaska Sun Cruise to Alaska Gayle Norwegian Cruise Lines 1 July 9th, 2004 08:30 PM
Help with alaska Sean M Alaska 4 January 6th, 2004 11:39 PM
Alaska, Here I come!! Donna Celebrity 3 April 22nd, 2002 05:36 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1