Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Familiar Face

Default Seafood Dinner

Alaska Cruise May 24, ports of call Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway would like to find a nice restaurant in one of these port for a nice seafood dinner. Any help would be appreciated. Juneau I'm doing the Whale Watch, that's all we have plan so far...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would think almost any port would have a good seafood restaurant, may-be google each port and pick and choose. You will find that while on the cruise, you will find many evenings where fresh seafood is offered as well...

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you for your reply....I know that captains night usually has lobster but did realize that they might serve other nights also.
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I just posted this in another spot, but in Juneau check out Tracy's Crab shack.(and no I don't work for her) I used to work on cruise ships and stopped their almost every week. It is a small shack behind the library that sells ENORMOUS Alaskan King Crab legs. It's not a "nice seafood place" but the pictures and the stories will be worth it.
Old March 14th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

In Juneau we went on a whale watching tour then followed up at a Salmon dinner at a special club on an isolated island. The food was fantastic.

So, try one of these salmon dinner tours. I think they will be far better than anything in town.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 09:57 AM
Familiar Face

Thank You, I will check it out!
Old March 26th, 2014, 01:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
In Juneau we went on a whale watching tour then followed up at a Salmon dinner at a special club on an isolated island. The food was fantastic.

So, try one of these salmon dinner tours. I think they will be far better than anything in town.
Paul, I have to agree. We did the 5 Glacier Float Plane tour which did a landing on the Taku River right next to a glacier and there is a lodge where they cooked fresh caught salmon and chicken on an alder (?) wood grill and there was a buffet of sides set up. The bears like to visit in the summer, but we were too early in the season to see any. I still think about that food! It is our favorite tour of all time! Spectacular scenery and the food was out of this world.
Old March 26th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I have to agree with Cruiseshipmuso. Tracy's King Crab Shack is dang good. It is fresh and delicious. The crab bisque is also very good. I dropped $40 there and ate until I couldn't eat no more. One leg was almost as long as my arm.

It is just what it says: A crab shack. You will eat outside, on paper plates and plastic cups and utensils, but it's worth it. Crab prices fluctuate and based on what I've seen here at home I would say that their prices are also going to be a bit on the high side but you do get your money's worth.

There are also a number of salmon bake excursions that are quite good. I have never been a big salmon fan but I found the excursion we went on to have some pretty good salmon. Some ship mates we met went on a private salmon bake and were very happy that Halibut was also offered. I would have loved that one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me