Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hotels in Vancouver

Hubby and I have an Alaskan Cruisetour planned for August 8, 2014. Flying in on August 6 to Vancouver.. Flights were a lot cheaper on Wednesday. We want to see Vancouver also so we went for it.. Anyone out there have any suggestion to hotels in downtown area. I was looking at The Sutton Place. Still have plenty of time.. Just checking around for now.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We have booked the Ramada Inn Downtown on Pender Street. Lots of good reports, some bad, but a friend who went there said it's in a great location, although some say the adjoining street has homeless people. I went to Paris and stayed on the Champs Elysees and there were loads of homeless people. Happens everywhere, so it doesn't really concern me. I got my reviews off trip advisor and followed tips about asking for 6th floor etc. Check it out.
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I know there is a big hotel right there by the pier, totally forget the name of it, but you would not need a cab to get to the pier. It was also right down the street from the Gaslight street, great location.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 17th, 2014, 11:43 AM
First Mate

Sutton Place is very nice. If your luggage is on wheels you could walk to the port, if not, it wouldn't be an expensive cab ride.. The two hotels closest to Canada Place are the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront. There's also a new Fairmont about 1/2 block away. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Sutton Place though.
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Thanks Bernie,
That was the hotel....

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 18th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Admiral

We have reservation at The Blue Horizon for post cruise in September. Wonderful reviews and the prices are reasonable and it is close to Stanley Park and the cruise terminal.

Need some cruise help?
Old June 22nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
Sutton Place is very nice. If your luggage is on wheels you could walk to the port, if not, it wouldn't be an expensive cab ride.. The two hotels closest to Canada Place are the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront. There's also a new Fairmont about 1/2 block away. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Sutton Place though.
We just booked a couple days stay at the Pan Pacific for the end of our cruise in April. Has anyone stayed there.It looks nice on their website.
Old June 22nd, 2014, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Hi DH,
I haven't stayed there, but have heard, that it is very nice. Heck, it is right by the pier....

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
We just booked a couple days stay at the Pan Pacific for the end of our cruise in April. Has anyone stayed there.It looks nice on their website.
Pan Pacific is beautiful, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:25 AM
First Mate

We stayed at the Pan Pacific both pre and post cruise last May. It is in a fantastic location, right on the water and in the heart of all the things to see and do in Vancouver. It actually sits on top of Canada Place. We had a killer view from our room looking out across the bay to the mountains. We watched our cruise ship sail in early in the am and it actually docked practically beneath our windows. We had booked the cruise package, so they actually took our luggage to the ship for us. It was an easy walk into the terminal. You need to go down a specific elevator. There are hop on hop off tour buses right outside the hotel, and many places to walk to. We walked the sea wall down to some great restaurants on the water. Don't miss Stanley Park and the island with the fresh market, Granville? Like the one in Seattle, but this one is better. Fantastic food.
Old June 29th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbuggs View Post
We stayed at the Pan Pacific both pre and post cruise last May. It is in a fantastic location, right on the water and in the heart of all the things to see and do in Vancouver. It actually sits on top of Canada Place. We had a killer view from our room looking out across the bay to the mountains. We watched our cruise ship sail in early in the am and it actually docked practically beneath our windows. We had booked the cruise package, so they actually took our luggage to the ship for us. It was an easy walk into the terminal. You need to go down a specific elevator. There are hop on hop off tour buses right outside the hotel, and many places to walk to. We walked the sea wall down to some great restaurants on the water. Don't miss Stanley Park and the island with the fresh market, Granville? Like the one in Seattle, but this one is better. Fantastic food.
Sounds like fun looking forward to our time there!
Old July 7th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ended up getting a great deal at the St. Regis..... Flying in Wednesday and heading over to Victoria for the day on Thursday and then a tour of Vancouver on Friday before heading to the ship.. We used LandSea Tours for these tours. Very professional!! Now I just need to start making that list to pack.. Whole different ball game packing for Alaska and not the Caribbean???
Old July 8th, 2014, 07:14 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy100 View Post
Ended up getting a great deal at the St. Regis..... Flying in Wednesday and heading over to Victoria for the day on Thursday and then a tour of Vancouver on Friday before heading to the ship.. We used LandSea Tours for these tours. Very professional!! Now I just need to start making that list to pack.. Whole different ball game packing for Alaska and not the Caribbean???
Do you plan to see the Butchart Gardens in Victoria? Spectacular, especially the sunken part. Even the husband was impressed. Yes, Alaska is not like your typical cruise. Totally different feel. Very informal. I don't think we saw a single show on the ship. So many long port days, and it gets dark really late. You may have rain in August, but it should be fairly warm. Most important thing is a waterproof shell with hood. You can layer under as needed.
Old July 10th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

yes, we are scheduled for the Burchart Gardens tour... It's a 13 hour tour so it's gonna be a long day... Hubby is the gardener in the family so I know he is going to love it.
Old August 19th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Familiar Face

Cathy100 !Burchart Gardens are attractive place for tourist. Families enjoyed a lot here because it is near to nature. The Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa is one of the best dining options .I think your family must enjoy their tour of Burchart Gardens .