Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Louise Peller

Default Viking River Cruise

Four of us are booked on the July15th cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. Does anyone have information regarding dress? Are shorts acceptable during the day, and how dressy at night? We are really hoping to travel light. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Sparky Morrison

Default Re: Viking River Cruise

Hi! My husband and I will also be on the July15th cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. We are from Bucks County in Pennslyvania.
I couldn't find many reviews since Viking Cruise Line is new. Look at their webpage and click on news. You can than download a powerpoint presentation that is a marketing overview, very informative. There is also a review on the news page.
Old July 1st, 2001, 12:28 PM
John Skelton

Regarding Viking River Cruise - My wife (Carol) and I will be on the July 15th sailing as well - From Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.

A couple weeks ago I came across an excellent, 30-page write-up, by a lady who took a recent trip on the Vantage River Navigator, which sounds very similar to the upcoming Viking cruise. She starts in Prague, but by the 3rd day begins the cruise out of Budapest to Amsterdam. Here is the link, which I found most interesting and useful.

http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/li...antage_nav.htm

In case the link does not work, go to:

http://pages.prodigy.net/lindacoffma...se_reviews.htm
click on "Miscellaneous Reviews (river boats & barges)",
then on "Vantage River Navigator".

Hopefully we'll meet both Louise and Sparky on board!
Old July 19th, 2001, 12:28 PM
L. Schwartz

Dear Louise

We "corresponded" via e-mail in May re our proposed Viking River cruises. We are booked on the 8/16 cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna. Would love to hear your cruise experience & any info you can share re dress, weather, tips etc. when you have a chance. Hope you had a great trip!!??!! Lisa Schwartz
Old July 22nd, 2001, 09:11 PM
burton frank

my wife and i are planning to go on uniworld's cruise-budapest to amsterdam in may 2002. i would love to hear about your cruise re:dress and ports.
thanks,
burton frank
burtshell@aol.com
Old July 26th, 2001, 11:47 AM
L. Schwartz

Hi there! We're booked on the 8/16 Viking River Cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna. If you have a moment to share your trip impressions with us, we would be forever grateful. Especially interested in how warm it was & dress. They state in their travel tips - "No shorts allowed in dining room." We called & asked whether that meant walking shorts & Bermuda shorts & they said Yes! Can't believe that. Thanks for any help you can provide & hope you had a wonderful trip. Lisa S.
Old July 8th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dear Louise--

We took the Viking Provence cruise this past spring and loved every minute. I kept a travel journal which tells you everything you want to know about Viking: riverboats, cabins, crew, dress code (shorts during day are fine; elegant casual at night...men do not need ties or jackets). Let me know if you'd like a copy of the journal; I can attach it to an email.

We're doing the Viking Ams/Bud in September, so anything you can suggest when you return will be appreciated.

Bon voyage!
Shirley B
Old July 16th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Ruth Kuehn

Default Re: Re: Viking River Cruise

We will be on the 17 Aug 02 sailing of the Viking Pride from Budapest to Amsterdam. Three nights pre cruise at the Taverna Hotel. Three nights post cruise in Amsterdam at the Renaissance. Anxiously awaiting documents!
Anyone else going? e-mail me!