Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2001, 01:42 PM
L. Schwartz

Default Viking River Cruises

Just returned from trip on Viking Danube from Amsterdam to Vienna. Tried to post a review of ship on this website, but you have no listing for Viking or "Other" in the ship review category.

This is a wonderful way to travel & needs more publicity as there is very little info published on this rather new way to travel (languidly, via river boat through the rivers of Europe). The Viking Danube has room for approximately 150 people, although it was not full to capacity this trip. Our boat was built in 1999 & was very modern & comfortable. They have several new boats launched in 2001 also. All outside cabins. The staterooms are very comfortable, with large picture windows & it is wonderful, 1st thing in the morning, to open the drapes & watch the incredible scenery passing by. All land tours were included in the price & there was at least one tour every day, sometimes two. Meals are one seating & you may sit where & with whomever you choose. Food is nicely presented & reasonably good. If anyone wants further info, please e-mail me. Lisa S.
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2001, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Viking River Cruises

Lisa...Just got on board and saw your posting. I enjoy river cruising as well. I've never saied with Viking. Usually with Uniworld, who market only to English speaking clients. Would I be comfortable with Viking?
Old November 21st, 2001, 04:06 PM
JŠn Korec

Please, could you e-mail me address or e-mail where to send my job application
for a position on a river ship of Viking River Cruises ?

Thank you very much for your help.

JŠn Korec
Old February 4th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Bobbie(Lady Jag)

I wrote an e-mail to you, Jack. I would love to hear anything you have to say (good or bad) about Uniworld River Cruises. It's very hard to find anyone who's cruised on the European rivers! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old August 20th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Gary Karschnick

We cruised with Viking in Russia last year and it was just wonderful! The food was excellent and the staff was just great. Everyone spoke enough English for their job. The front office staff were all collage English teachers and the tour guides were all graduates of the tourist schools and also had degrees in English. The cabins were very comfortable (if you had a junior suite). The regular cabins were a little bit cramped at 110 sq. ft. Overall it was a wonderful experience. Viking imports 95% of their food from the west and the chef had worked for Crystal Cruise Lines the previous year. I have heard some reports that the food on the Uniworld cruises is not so hot, but I can't verify that from personal experience. We would (and will) travel with Viking again.
Old September 15th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Irene Heinstein

Default Re: Re: Viking River Cruises

On August 3, 2002, I sailed on the Viking Pride from Budapest to Nuremburg, al least that was the plan. However we ran into weather problems. The Danube was rising and we had to dock at Deggendorf as we couldn't fit under the next bridge. The company met all their tour obligations nonetheless, busing us from the ship and back to all the stops afrter Linz. They could not have made much money on this trip but they were incredibly professional and gracious. The small size, about 100+ passengers made for a very friendly environment. Very nice crew. Most of us had signed on for the optional 3-night stay in Prague at the end of the cruise. As it turns out we arrived in Prague just in time for the floods, on a Sunday night. By Monday afternoon things had become ominous. Viking booked us all at the Atrium Hilton, which is a beautiful 5-star hotel. However we had to be evacuated on Tuesday afternooon. The Hilton and Viking were wonderful throughout all these calamities. I recommend this cruise and this company. The food was acceptable. There was a breakfast buffet but menu items were also available. Coffee and tea were always available in the front desk area, which was very nice. Meals were all open seating.
Old November 2nd, 2003, 02:51 PM
Charlie Kath

Please snail me Viking River Cruise Brochures. I'm especially interested in Europe but PLEASE mail me the entire tour catalogue.
Charlie Kath
1021 Bandana Blvd East #100
St. Paul, MN 55108
Telephone: 651.659.9295

Thank you !
Charlie Kath