Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2002, 12:46 PM
david templar

Default black watch

iam contemplating doingba world cruise on the said ship in 2003,anyone been or going on this ship to let me know what you thought as i went on one of her sister ships golden princess how dioes it differ
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Moneypenny

Default Re: black watch

David,

Black Watch is one of Fred Olsen Ships. The other ships in the Fred Olsen fleet are Black Prince and Braemar. I have not sailed on her, however, I know a lot of UK cruisers do and they give her high marks - the Fred Olsen ships have a very loyal clientele. Questions have been asked recently on another board about a couple of the Fred Olsen ships, perhaps it would be worth your while asking about Black Watch on that board too. It is http://www.ship-happens.co.uk/

Happy cruising and best regards,
Moneypenny

I
Old April 13th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: black watch

Hi David. Fred Olsen ships have good reputation and are reckoned great value for money among Europeans, particularly Brits. I sailed on the Black Watch last summer on trip from Dover through Baltic to St Petersburg return.
Have sampled a number of lines in recent years, including Orient`s Crown Odyssey in the Bombay to Singapore, in Jan 2001, and P&O`s Victoria, in Jan 2002, from Caribbean through Pan Canal to Acapulco.
Predict you will find the Black Watch as good as most and better than many.
Incidentally, she is named after the Black Watch, one of the famous regiments in the British Army and some of her lounges are furnished in tartan.