Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Robert Kahl

Default Univworld cruise Amsterdam to Budapest 9/24

My wife and I had a disasterous trip with Uniworld when our cruise turned into a very uncomfortable bus trip from Koblentz to Budapest--long days on the bus, long lines at bathrooms at rest stops, short stays in towns, poor, poor hotel in Vienna etc. We called Uniworld the day before we left on our trip (9/19) and asked about the rumor we had heard about the river was too low to take the ship down the Rhine, let alone the Danube. We were told all was well and the ship could get through fine, so being very nieve and trusting, we left for a trip that turned out to be close to a nightmare. I cannot understand why Uniworld could not have been "upfront" with their customers. There is no way they did not know the condition of the rivers. We would have been happy to postpone the trip as it was one we had been looking forward to and wait for the rivers to fill. As it is they have a whole boatload full of unhappy people. Anyone planning a trip with Uniworld, be careful.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Univworld cruise Amsterdam to Budapest 9/24

Robert: Thank you for your review of this trip. We took the Holand tulip canal trip in May. I don't think we will ever take a Canal trip again you might as well be on a bus the whole time in fact a few days we opted not to partake the bus tours. We stayes a few extra days in Amsterdam and rented a car and did some great sightseeing our selves. We tend to realy like to just rent a car and go it alone. Michael M.
Old October 31st, 2003, 06:05 PM
Emma Brent

Default Re: Univworld cruise Amsterdam to Budapest 9/24

Our cruise was a disaster. Uniworld told our TA on Sep 18 that everything was OK. We arrived in Bucharest and no boat. We were to sail from Constanta (Black Sea) to Amsterdam. Met River Countess and K937. When we booked Dec 02 was one long cruise; in early 2003 made it 2 cruises; Constanta to Budapest/Budapest to Amsterdam.

Contact me if you want more on how much worst it gets. Will NEVER use UniWorst again.