Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Default sunbird-oct.2-04

anyone else going on med. cruise.we are a couple in our mid-forties-1st cruise-from
toronto,ontario-any info on mallorca. thx.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Denyse

Default Re: sunbird-oct.2-04

Hi Chloe,

My husband and I went on our Honeymoon (we lived in Barrie at the time) on the same cruise. It was on the Sunbird, we flew out of Toronto and sailed out of Mallorca....
I won't go into every detail, however, it was an amazing trip. I'm about to go on my third cruise since then because it really gave us a bug to cruise!!! (all have been with the Sunbird)

One word of advice though, be careful in Mallorca... It sounds romantic and beautiful, but my husband was attacked at 10 am on a Saturday morning in a simple shopping mall (equivilant of say the Lawrence shopping centre in Toronto...maybe even a little nicer than actually). Everything turned out all right, but this was on our last day of our honeymoon and while we were waiting for the bus to take us to the airport. A crazy man who wasn't even after my husband's money, just came up from behind him and brought him down and started whaling on him. It was awful.
I don't say this to scare you or deter you from your trip... in fact I promise you will absolutely love that cruise! I just like to remind people since then, to be careful and to always keep your eyes open to what is going on around you. If I could go back to that day, the only mistake we made was thinking that we were on this beautiful trip and the people were so friendly after being with them for a week all over Europe... we let our guard down and did not notice the guy coming from behind.

On a good note, we are still, 4 years later, maintaining very good friendships with the people we met on that cruise!! The one couple gets together with us every 3 to 4 months and they live in Toronto! Most of the folks on the ship are Canadian and British...
Let me know if you need any further information... I'm sailing again on the sunbird myself..this time with my best friend in April :o)

Best Wishes,
Denise
Old March 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: sunbird-oct.2-04

Hi Denyse
Thank you soo..much for your reply!.Wow, so sorry to hear about
your husband.Thank god he wasn't seriously hurt.That must of been so scary, I couldn't imagine! The world is full of crazies-look at the news to-day in Spain-the bombings by
terrorists.Yes , i am frightened but more excited about the SUNBIRD. Have heard so much positive feedback-it sounds great. Did you purchase the unlimited drink pkg.?
Did you stay post cruise and if so where? Am looking forward to meeting some folks,hopefully before the ship cruises.Let me know how your April cruise goes!!!
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST AND THE BEST OF LUCK-TAKE CARE AND PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH-THANKS AGAIN!!
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:14 PM
First Mate

we were on the Sunbird in January & flew out of Toronto. It is a nice ship & the crew is terrific.Iti s mostly British onboard but they were all very nice & polite. We had a great time. We did not do the drink package as I do not drink alot & we found that we were off ship alot as well. Have fun & stay safe.
Denyse: sorry to hear about your hubby ,glad things turned out as they did.
Old March 28th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Jteufel

Chloe,

We were on the Sunbird last year and did not buy the drink package. We did, however, become friendly with people who had been on the Sunbird something like 25 times. They recommended (and we noticed on our cruise) that you not buy the drink package in advance as it is always sold cheaper on the boat. I think when we went the package was actually at $99 American once we were on the boat.

Have fun. It's a fantastic ship.
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:32 PM
Passenger

roll call for sunbird oct.2-04-mediterranean classic-any takers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!