Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:06 PM
BevenSteve

Default Sunbird for children

Hello there!!!

My husband and I were considering the Sunbirds (Latin Love Affair) cruise with the one (1) week "add-on" extension at the Riu Negril in Jamaica....

My question is as follows:

We will be taking our two children ages 12 and 7 and we were wondering what the children’s program was like onboard with ship...

I have cruised with Carnival before and HATED it!!!! However, I will give credit where credit is due and I have to admit that Carnival has an AMAZING children’s program!!!

Don’t want to do the AMERICAN thing again, we are looking for a simple, fun, family oriented cruise with LOTS of ports... (Husband insists Cuba is a must)...

Sunbird appears to fit the bill (at least that is what our travel agent is telling us), however she was not sure about the Children’s program... Does anybody out there have any experience with the "kids" club? What kind of activities did they offer? Is this a set program or is it flexible to the needs of the children for that particular cruise?

What time does the children’s program run?

We would prefer to keep the children with us during the day, however I thought it would be nice for us to be able to have at least one "adult" evening, while the children had the opportunity to spend an evening with kids their own age!

Sorry for such a long winded question, unfortunately there is not a lot of information out there about the "Sunquest" ships!

Thanks in Advance!
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Sunbird for children

we did not take our kids but the ones onboard seemed to have a good time ....they looked like they were having fun with the crew ....
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:48 PM
BevenSteve

Default Re: Sunbird for children

Hello Sassy,

Thank you for your reply :-)

I have read your review and it appears that you had a brilliant time :-)

I do have a few more questions if you dont mind???

How much of a deposit is required to activate your "on-board" credit card?

Now... I am aware that everthing on board is charged in "British Pounds" however I was wondering if I were to bring AMEX cheques, would the "Pursers Desk" be able to cash these in return for American dollars??? (I am not interested in bringing cash with me. I would prefer to bring travellers cheques and cash them on-board for spending at port!

Did you have many children on-board? I know this changes with every sailing, I was just trying to get a feel for averages!!!

Thanks
Bev