Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Jaci

Default Spirit of Endeavor

A friend and I are taking a 4-night wine country cruise from San Francisco on the Spirit of Endeavor in mid-October. Can anyone give me feedback on either the ship or the cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:50 AM
Bev Rose

Default Re: Spirit of Endeavor

I have not been on that ship, but have cruised with Cruise West to Alaska on the Oceanus. You will not find a better experience anywhere. You will be given first class treatment and will have wonderful experiences. You made an excellent choice!!!
Old July 27th, 2004, 03:24 PM
judycruiser

Default Re: Re: Spirit of Endeavor

My husband and I were on this wine country cruise on the Spirit of Endeavor in 2001. We own a liquor store so it was my husband's idea. It hooked him on cruising.

Loved the cruise; small informal ship (around 100 passengers); did not have locks at the cabin doors then. Ship does not have many amenties as larger ships do. Crew was wonderful.

Passengers very congenial; tours are part of cruise and include visits to wineries and we even went to a place which made champagne. Very well organized.

Food was good.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Judy
Little Rock, AR
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:03 PM
RW

If your "mid-October" sail date is 10/11/04 -- we'll meet on board.
I hope you have good cruise.
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Reggie

Love Cruise West. Been on 2 cruises - Baja California (on the Endeavor) and Panama/Costa Rica.

The crew is wonderful. The travellers are very friendly and with the open dining arrangement never a problem with being asked by someone to join them for dinner.

Though no locks on the door, I went with around 30 photographers with tons on equipment and computers. Not a problem.

Enjoy
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev Rose
I have not been on that ship, but have cruised with Cruise West to Alaska on the Oceanus. You will not find a better experience anywhere. You will be given first class treatment and will have wonderful experiences. You made an excellent choice!!!
I have to disagree with you here. I have been on the Endeavour on the wine country voyage and found it far from first class. It is not to say I did not enjoy it - but if you are expecting first class service, cuisine or accommodations you will be sorely disappointed.

I have also sailed to Oceanus - found it to be a better ship - but it is what I call "faux luxury" - lots of laminates made to look like marble.

If you really want a fantastic experience, look at the Yacht Safari wine cruises - far better experience as far as I am concerned.