Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Emily_Student

Default Your views on Ocean Village please

Dear all,

I am a student at Bournemouth University currently writing my disseration on Ocean Village. I need people willing to complete a questionnaire to help me with my studies. All information will only be used for my dissertation and all respondents will remain anonymous.

If you have previously travelled with Ocean VIllage and can help, please complete the attached questionnaire and e-mail it to me at empondy@hotmail.com. Alternatively just e-mail me and I will forward the questionnaire to you.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Emily
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Dave Harvey

Default Re: Your views on Ocean Village please

Hi, I have just stumbled across your request whilst looking for something else,

My partner and I joined the Ocean Village in May 2004 after enjoying a week cruising the mediterranean on the Island escape, The Ocean village was a BIG Mistake and at the end of the week we could not wait to get home.

The Ocean Village whilst being advertised for young people is in fact not at all orientated for anyone under the age of eighteen.

In fact anyone under the age of eighteen is unable to purchase tickets to play Bingo as the ship apparently abides by english law, however english law states the rules may be relaxed in international waters' ie 12 miles from land.

The cabin we occupied was dirty with ring marks on the polished surfaces, the sunbed on the balcony was broken.

The food available on-board was plentiful and orientated towards eastern or Indian tastes with very little food available for english tastes apart from burgers and sausages

Persons under the age of eighteen were only allowed in the nightclub until 11pm after which time it was occupied by a great majority of entertainment staff intent on being loud boisterous and generally obnoxious.

The hotel director was less than sympathetic to my complaints, and indeed was totally inflexible to any of my suggestions, which would have enabled us to enjoy the remainder of our time aboard, even though we had paid a considerable amount of money to be treated as such.

We have previously cruised with, Royal Olympic, P& O, Thomson,and Island Cruises all of which offered a better standard of service, I had previously cruised aboard The Ocean Village under its original name "Arcadia" had I known it was the same ship rebadged I would never have booked again.

I sent a letter of complaint whilst on-board via email, and also on my return to the uk, and recieved the usual couldnt care less response, but thats fine because I know many people that work in the travel industry and have told them and all my friends, and this is far more likely to affect their ticket sales.

If you ever go cruising my advice would be to go with Island Cruises (Island Escape) for the best that any cruise company can offer, with standards of service second to none, with polite friendly efficient staff, at all levels.

I hope this has been of some use to you

regards,

Dave Harvey.
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cruisinpaige Send a message via MSN to cruisinpaige

Dave, Im confused, are you under 18? Is your "partner?"
Old November 1st, 2005, 02:23 PM
Passenger

I think Dave is the one who's confused!

How can anyone prefer the Island (please help me) Escape to Ocean Village! We're thinking he must work for Island Escape!

Ocean Village is fantastic, one of the best holiday's we have ever had.
The food, facilities, cabins and most of all....the staff were fantastic!

It would be hard to go back to a 'normal' holiday again!

We are cruising the caribbean with Ocean Village over New Year '05
If anyone wants any info on Ocean Village don't hesitate to ask...
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

It is very noticable when either of these two ships are in port. The passengers are very easy to spot.
Most are in their late twenties, drunk, overweight, and loud. Many lack the basic requirments of washing themselves. These type of people should not even be allowed to leave the UK. they are awful, rude and smelly
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:07 AM
Admiral

Pretty harsh coments Lynn!

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel
Pretty harsh coments Lynn!

TM
Yes. But so very very true.

When you do meet these ships in port, then you will understand.
You will say to yourself, "That lovely Lynn was correct "....
As usual