Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Default anyone sail LOUIS HELLENIC CRUISES??

They have interesting itineraries of Greek islands.

Carnival Mardi Gras
NCL S.S. Norway
RCCL Majesty of the Seas
Carnival Fascination
Celebrity Zenith
Carnival Victory
Norwegian Sea
Voyager of the Seas

Carnival Legend~July 2005
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Orea

Default Re: anyone sail LOUIS HELLENIC CRUISES??

We were booked to take a Greek Holiday which included a 4 day Island cruiise. Just this week We are informed that we will not be with "Royal Olympic Cruise Lines"
on the "Triton" but that they were puting us with" Louis Cruise Lines" on the "Emerald"
No explamation of why or anything. By doing my own investing I found out the "Royal Olympic" went bankrupt!! and that Louis was using "Thompson Cruises" and we would be on a ship called the Emerald" It's rating is listed as a BUDGET cruise line.
We are to leave on the 11th out of the port of Piraeus. Don't know what to expect. I can let you know after my return what that particular ship is like.
Old May 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
marianne duffy

Default Re: Re: anyone sail LOUIS HELLENIC CRUISES??

Orea,
How was your tirp? we are considering taking a Louis Hellic cruise next summer and would love to know your thoughts.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
Beginner

Default Re: anyone sail LOUIS HELLENIC CRUISES??

Just came back from a Greek Islands cruise and is tanbul on the PERLA.Crew was very courteous, food was good not excellent. Excursions were entertaining. All in all they get an A being and old time cruise ship.
Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herb
They have interesting itineraries of Greek islands.
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Beginner

I'm thinking about using Louis Cruise Lines "Perla" for an October 2007 trip between Istanbul and Athens. It will be my first experience on a cruise.

I'm looking for feedback about Louis and the Perla in particular.

Thank you.
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Passenger

We cruised on the Carnival Liberty in Jan 2007 as a first time cruiser and loved it so much we became adventurous and decided on the Greek Island cruise on October 9 2007. Our cruise was to be on either the Perla or the ill fated Sea Diamond. I cannot find much positive info on Louis Lines, and now with the Sea Diamond sinking I am even more doubtful. However, all we can do is make the most of it and look for the adventure in the trip. We are flying in to Athens from Ontario Can. and boarding ship (we hope) on October 12. How about you. Reuben? Good to hear from someone else who is sailing around the same time.
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Passenger

After reading about this line and the Sea Diamond, I would never sail with them. When I heard that a similar size ship with a reputable cruise line would hold only 300 people and that Sea Diamond held 1500, that sent up the red flags big time.
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Passenger

We took the Louis Hellenic Greek Island 7 day cruise leaving Oct. 12. The islands were more than we hoped for and the excursions were tops. We did only the two excursions - Ephesus and Crete. On Mykonos, Santorini, Rhodes you can walk around town directly off the ship. We were onboard the Cristal and were quite happy with the journey. It doesn't compare with the big lines, but it did have its charms. We found that fellow passengers were more open to making new friends on the smaller ship, food was good, (although not as Greek as we had hoped). Contrary to what we expected, the voyage was very smooth and quiet. Cabins were small but very comfortable, beds excellent, and the staff attentive to your every need. With the very busy itinerary you did not spend much time on the ship, just to eat and sleep. Shows each night were, again, not the big lines, but were entertaining. All in all, we would do it again on that ship.
I don't know about the sister ships, Perla and Orient Queen - they did look much smaller than the Cristal.