Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Passenger

Default STAR CRUISES REVIEW

Hi

I was disappointed to find no informaiton on this site about Star Cruises before sailing earlier this month - but clearly Asia is not an American market - being so dfar away - and hence the lack of info. However I am from South Africa and use this site - as must others - so am happy to review the cruise line.

I can only talk about the Gemini - which is one of the smallest in the fleet -but is delightful and informal.

I would definitely recommend it despite it being everything we were not used to in cruising.
We are used to formal dress every night. Here evening wear was casual smart with most people changing but the only formal evening was the Captains dinner.

Seating in the main restaurant was free style - but we found we enjoyed meeting different people each time and if we didnt feel like it - there werew plenty of tables for 2.

You could also choose what tie to eat - or go to the buffet as an alternative restaurant.

The evening shows were not of the standard of the Big cruise lines - or rather the sets werent. But the dancers from Brazil were excellent, the acrobats from China brilliant (and that was something different) - and the shows were still pretty good.

We selected an itinerary that gave us three and a half days at sea - bliss. With an overnighter in Ho Chi Mihn City and a day in Kuching.

For more details - pls feel free to email me at gillians@minolco.co.za

Regards
Gillian
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Superstar Leo was ok; the food was pretty good, especially in the buffet.