Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Beginner

Default Star Clipper -- 37 day repositioning cruise: Phuket-Athens

I am interested in taking the respositioning cruise. I would appreciate some feedback from others who have done this. 37 days is a long time to be on a small sailing ship. I will be traveling alone and would want to be with people who are easy travelers. Any feedback appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Beginner

Hello Panzano. We're booked on the Star Clipper for its repositioning cruise in October of 2009. From everything we've read, the cruise is fantastic! We took a transatlantic repositioning cruise on the Royal Clipper (loved it) in October of 2003. Met wonderful people with whom we still correspond and get together with. These cruises are a real bonding experience with your fellow passengers (particularly the Americans, Brits, French, and Italians). We found them to be adventurous, well-traveled and lots of fun. Easy travelers? You betcha!

We're also booked on the Star Flyer (2/15/09) for an 11 day French Polynesian cruise (and then a week's stay on Huahine). We also are trying out the Windstar transatlantic cruise (4/15/10) from the Antilles to Lisbon. Something about sailing ships and blue water. Just can't get enough.
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Beginner

I did the 2007 Indian Ocean crossing, Athens to Phuket and loved it,, had been on the Royal Clipper Transatlantic crossing (16 days) in 05 and had some concerns about 37 days (travelling alone, but with the Star Clipper family of ships it is usual to see some crew from previous sails and even repeat passengers, plus it's generally a friendly group and 37 days gives you plenty of bonding time). The trip is a nice mix of lots of port stops (for a repositioning cruise) and lots of sailing days,, longest stint was down the Red Sea from Safaga, Egypt to Oman,, 8 or 9 days, then another 5 days or so across Indian Ocean,, then another 5 or so from Indai to Thailand. The stop in Sri Lanka is on agenda but does not take place (rebels, pirates, etc.). So if you love to sail and meet new and interesting people,, it is a great experience. Some days I was tired of being around people but you can hide out in various places,,, and daily naps on the widow's net are wonderful,,, wish I was there now! Go and have fun, but book early, it fills up fast!