Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to twigy100
Default mv discovery

just got back off a cruise on the mv discovery around norway and i can not fault it in any way !! The staff are so helpfull and really make you feel welcome. talking to one wait he says he starts work at 7am and finishes around 10 -11 we asked him if he finds it hard but he said he would rather work and save money for his sons to go to uni than sit around and do nothing and when they do dock they take it in turns to go on to land.

The captain (Mr Kemp) is so funny. I havent heard of any other cruise that you can go stand by the bridge and the captain will come out and talk to you. He praises the staff over the tannoy for doing a good job and at the end of every cruise two of the hardest working staff recieve $100 each. But about the food .... It was so good and the range is something most people would not expect off such a smaller boat the staff are friendly and always playing jokes it really has been an enjoyable experience.

This ship is generally classed as a ship suited to more mature adults but im 22 and i have come back relaxed and very pleased with my time on board ! there isnt lots of entertainment but if your looking to relax this really is an amazing cruise !!
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I love the "Discovery"- went on an incredible 5 week cruise to the Amazon an Antarctica in 2006-liked the smaller size(600 passengers) everything was great.
Old July 18th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am so relieved to read your lovely complimentary post because I am going on this ship with Shearings for a Baltic cruise on August 20th and I cannot find anyone else who has sailed on her. So glad that you enjoyed your experiences.