Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Absolutely! But I think they should have one or two designated hot tubs for kids, and for the others make them 13 and up.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Captain

Entertaining how the folks who are annoyed by the kids in the tubs are also child health advocates lol. Even funnier are the ones who don't want the kids in the tubs but pride themselves on what a big kid they are at heart themselves..."I'll do anything I want no matter how old I get. But by god, don't let that kid act like a kid" lol.

Besides the hot tubs being bad for them.... 1.Keep them out of the sun because the sun is bad (guess that's for all of us these days). 2. Strap them in the car like they are an astronaut or else you're a child abuser. 3. Shut their school down if a kid brings a PBJ sandwhich for lunch because 1 kid in the school might be allergic. 4. If they skateboard or ride a bike bust out the astronaut suit again. 5. If they go on a cruise, make sure you buy those "walkie talkies". Even our cruise director made some good comedy over the "walkie-talkie people" lol.

Let em soak for a few minutes. You probably annoy them as much as they annoy you!
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Admiral

speaking of growing old...

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD
1) Growing up is mandatory; growing old is optional.
2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
4) You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
5) It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
6) Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.
7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: HOT TUBS with kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruise99
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Then why does Princess have that sign that says " no one under 18 allowed in the hot tubs"? I have seen NOTHING that said "except if accompanied by an adult"- you need to learn how to read.
I know how to read quite well, thank you. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The "Cruise Answer Book" that you receive prior to cruising clearly states that "children under 18 are not allowed in hot tubs UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT". I also know how to verify the rules by asking the staff onboard ship, which I did on TWO separate occasions before bringing my nieces into the hot tub.

You can also clearly read the rules concerning children and hot tubs on Princess' website under the heading "Traveling with Children" as quoted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.princess.com/answer/business.html
Traveling with Children

2) Children accompanied by a parent or guardian are permitted in the hot tub(s) unless otherwise specified.
I have never seen the sign you speak of, but since it directly contradicts all the other available information, I suspect that you saw it posted on an adult-only hot tub (notice how I'm not accusing you of not knowing how to read? There are sometimes logical reasons for seemingly inconsist information).

NOTE: I know that "momofmeg" posted her message quite some time ago. This is the first I've been on the boards in awhile, so I'm responding now, in defense of my reading ability and for the benefit of others who may be reading this thread.
I do not know if this person is making this up-but I know nothing about any "cruise answer book." I am sure this was not sponsored by Princess-perhaps her TA-gave her somethign that was incorrect-children are not allowed in hot tubs--although you always see them in there-the only line that enforced this that I have been on, was Disney.