Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2005, 10:00 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival- Disembarking & tendering

I realize disembarking can be done by deck level however:
1.) At least recognize people with suites/mini suites and allow for priority disembarking, or tendering. Same applies to a past cruiser like a frequent flier elite card.
2.)Surely there can be some leeway in disembarking order--parents in Cat 11 Destiny last cruise missed "early disembark" airline time cut off by 4 minutes-and last deck called--we had to "BEG" in showroom to process them past some other rows as had only an hour to catch plane once they got assigned a row. The cruiselines should have a list of flights people are retruning on, and can be somewhat flexible.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2005, 10:25 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival- Disembarking & tendering

Ncl does just that with freestyle. The guest informs them of flight plans etc. Passengers are issued colored luggage tags according to desired disembarkation time. You may wait in your cabin leisurly until your color is called.

Those who wish can do express disembarkation---------carrying your own luggage off of the ship as soon as customs clears it.

This is one feature of Freestyle which traditional style cruises should adopt. It works well.
Old August 21st, 2005, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: Carnival- Disembarking & tendering

I do agree with you to a point. However, if you don't book your air with the cruiseline, they are not responsible. My suggestion is to book air that allows you ample time to disembark and get to the airport on time. This is your responsiblity. When I had to fly to ports in Florida(I live here now), I never booked a flight home prior to 1pm. This always allowed me enough time.

If your air was booked through the cruiseline, then, yes, they need to have some priority disembarkation for you.

BTW - we have always gotten the VIP tags when we booked a Cat 12 on CCL.

Jodi