Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2005, 10:41 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival: Deck Chairs

OK-- I will need fellow posters to help with a solution to this one,
aren't there some Cruiselines that "reserve deck chairs?" I'd hate to have to find a pool staff member (like at some hotels) to get me a chair and tip them, there has to be an answer to the chair hogs.
Maybe a towel bin label: Items left on chairs ....well maybe not that extreme but there must be an answer.
How about a reserved section for those willing to rent for a day or week?? Just one idea.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2005, 04:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Carnival: Deck Chairs

On Home Lines we went to a deck steward to reserve our chairs on the first day of the cruise. Every morning our chairs were placed in our pre chosen places just for us. Never had a problem with chaise hogs on that cruise. I thought it was well worth the tip for him at the end of the week.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 21st, 2005, 05:22 PM
Admiral

I think the problem with reserved deck chairs on the larger ships is that more people would want one than the amount available. If they reserved chairs "first come, first served" some people wouldn't have a deck chair for the whole cruise.

I guess they could reserve chairs for a certain time, but I'm afraid that would result in chaos when someone didn't want to give up their chair.

Of course, the best idea is for them to enforce the "no saving deck chairs" rule.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 21st, 2005, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I take my own towels on cruises - It is much easier for me to find my chair and for my family to find me out by the pool. I am an early riser, I take my towels out, put them on a chair, go to the buffet to get breakfast, then sit at a table right behind my chair.

My bright orange and blue towels stand out from the CCL towels and I do not have to worry about losing one and getting charged for it.

If I am going to be away from my chair for more than 30 mins, I will pack everything up and take it with me. I do not save chairs for those in my party that get up late, if they come up and I have to move to be with them, then I do. I am a sun worshipper and spend most of my at sea days by the pool. But I am polite about it. I don't see having to move all of your stuff because you want to go eat, but I do make sure that if I am eating on the Lido deck and leave my stuff that I am within eyesight of it.

I have never had a problem finding a lounge chair - even if I go late. The only people who are complaining about it are the ones who want to be right next to the pool. If you go on any of the decks you can find a lounger - you may have to walk a little farther to the bar and pool, but you will find some.