Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default pictures

One suggestion I have is to offer the pictures taken in different sizes without having to purchase the original.

My first cruise I found a picture that I really liked of my sister, brother in law and myself. I asked if I could get it in the 5X7 instead of the $20.00 8X10 and they said sure, but I would have to buy the 8X10 first.

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
MagnoliaBlossom

Default Re: pictures

It seems photo prices have gone up a lot in previous years. I'm not a big photo buyer so I have to be pretty impressed with the shot to buy it, but I do enjoy looking them over every evening. It distresses me to think of how much silver, chemicals and paper is wasted in producing all the photos that unsold. I think if they lowered the prices to $5 they'd sell more and come out ahead. Or offer a bundle of 5 for $20. An unsold photo gains you zero.
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Passenger

I would definitely buy more photos if they were more affordable, and would probably end up spending quite a bit more than I do currently.

I would also welcome a flexible package deal, where for a set price you could pick any 3 photos. They could packages for different numbers of photos.
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Admiral

It ios a good suggestion that they bring down the prices of photos. I think they wopuld make up for it and then some by an increase in sales plus they get the added benefit of better PR. Something for the lines to think about.
Jim

Old September 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM
cruise.freak

Also when buying the 8X10 it looks bad putting a bunch of 8X10 in frames all over because they are too big. 5X7 are much better
Old September 5th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

After my 5th criuse, I quit buying the photos only because of the price. I would definitely buy some if they brought the price down. I saw many that I wanted, but could not justify the price.

Jodi

Old September 5th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Just like everyone, if the pictures were smaller sizes or you had a size selection & if they cost less, we would buy more too. I have seen more than once, people taking digital photos of their photos!!!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 5th, 2005, 01:23 PM
browezilla

I agree. I have a few cruise pictures already so I'm not willing to pay the high price. I don't even go to the picture sittings and just walk by embarcation/debarcation picture stops. They should also give you the option of size. There was a really nice one of my son, but it was made at a venue that was doing 8X10s. I was able to buy a 5X7, but I had to pay the venue price, i.e. I had to pay for an 8X10. To this day, I'm glad I bought it, but it left a bad taste in my mouth having to pay for the 8X10.

If they put the pictures online, they could save a lot of money by not printing them all out, placing them in the racks, etc. Once online, they could make them accessible via the Television Remote (Freedom of the Seas, please consider this). I could then drag them to my "shopping cart" for holding until later. They could also be made available via a few electronic/web stations for free viewing in the internet cafe or put displays in the photo gallery. This seems like it would significantly lower the cruise lines expense. They could even leave them online after the cruise for those folks that decide to purchase them later. They could also emblazen them with a "RCCL" copyright on the "proofs" to hinder copying. Another option for them would be to sell the "digital image" to you. That is, give it to me on a CD. That way you could touch up some imperfections at home with your photo software.

By the way, I believe the photographs are copyrighted by RCCL, so taking a picture of them with your digital camera I think is in violation of copyright law. For grins, you should read the T&Cs of your cruise ticket to see what they can do with any likeness of you they capture!
Old February 12th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Familiar Face

That's an interesting idea. The problem with this is that the website would require constant monitoring and upkeep. I doubt the cruiselines would want to sink money into this idea.
Old February 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Admiral

When DW and I first started cruising we bought all kinds of pictures and because of the high prices we now only buy one photo and we get two free ones. Three is plenty especially when two are free.
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Admiral

I've never purchased photos on a ship .