CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   coffee pots (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/300377-coffee-pots.html)

Ken Kingery August 30th, 2005 10:42 AM

coffee pots

Hi guys, I posted on the message boards but would like to make a suggestion for Star...................... Put real coffee pots in the staterooms or quit calling a hot pot a coffee maker. Thanks.
I cruised Hawaii a couple of years ago on Star and it was Great. Thanks NCL

LisaK August 30th, 2005 10:59 AM

Re: coffee pots

I think its a great idea, just like most of your hotels do. Put a small regular coffee maker in the cabins.

san007 August 30th, 2005 06:33 PM

now that's a great idea.andhow about godiva chocolate on your pillow.

Maleficent August 31st, 2005 09:23 PM

How about your room stewart mails your post cards for you from your room and charges postage to your sign and sail? Or How about a free Cafe area with an attendant to serve you free beverages and a small meeting area for the guests on the same deck to socialize? hmmm

LisaK September 1st, 2005 10:31 AM

Princess puts chocolates on your pillow at night.

Lisa September 2nd, 2005 03:00 AM

Don't need a coffe maker in my room and don't need Godiva chocolates. Room service will deliver it hot and fresh in the AM if I desire and regular chocolates on my pillow are just fine, thank you!

Jim Bragg September 2nd, 2005 07:58 PM

Re: Re: coffee pots

One of those small coffee machines that you see in hotel rooms might really be a nice addition abet maybe expensive to maintain. Attaching them permanatly would keep them from being stolen but they will need to keep an eye on the carafe to make sure it isn't pinched. Good suggestion!
Jim

Angela Wilson September 4th, 2005 10:31 PM

The Habitat for Humanity thrift store had a ton of those little 4 cup coffee makers for 2bucks each a few days ago. Maybe they can get them there and save alot of money.

Paul Motter September 13th, 2005 12:25 AM

NCL actually does this - has coffee makers. Its great for those mornings yu wake early, or late, and need a fast cup. I thought it was odd at first, until I used it almost every day.

Mike M September 13th, 2005 02:29 AM

Just got off the Norwegian Star and had Folger's every morning from the coffee maker in the cabin. Loved it. :D :D :D

I know you can order it from room service but doing it this way they didn't wake up my wife and I my steward left me three packages a day, so I could make three pots. You get four regular cups from the pot.

It's a nice feature with a prominent note to notify Room Steward if carafe was cracked or chipped and to not use if it was.

Take care,
Mike