Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Default Bottled water should be included on the soda card

seems simple enough to me. Include bottled water on the soda card, not the huge bottles you can buy on the ship, but basic size 8oz??
Even better would be to offer the small bottles of bottled water at no charge.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2005, 03:44 PM
Passenger

The water on the ship is perfectly safe to drink. It has always been free.

You don't get cans of soda with the card; you get soda out of the guns / fountains.

The reason for the charge for the bottles has to do with space. If the bottled water is taking up precious limited space in the hold, the ship can carry fewer other things.

Bottled water is never free anywhere. Why should it be free on a cruise?
Old November 21st, 2005, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Trish,
We have always gotten soda from cans. While waiting for the show and in the dining room, the bar staff pop it open for us, pour it then hand us the remainder in the can. And I agree, the 8 or 12 oz bottles of water should be included with the soda card. I know the ship's water is safe etc but we prefer the taste and convenience of bottled water. Just MHO.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Sometimes you just want to grab a bottle of water (on the go) instead of a glass of water from the tap. Its just more convenient sometimes to have an 8 oz bottle to drink from, and i think the cruise lines could well afford to include that on the soda card, that's all.
Old April 11th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Cruiser
Trish,
We have always gotten soda from cans. While waiting for the show and in the dining room, the bar staff pop it open for us, pour it then hand us the remainder in the can. And I agree, the 8 or 12 oz bottles of water should be included with the soda card. I know the ship's water is safe etc but we prefer the taste and convenience of bottled water. Just MHO.

Teresa
WHY NOT CARRY A COUPLE ON AND REFILL THEM. AND GIVE ME A BRAKE ABOUT THE TASTE THING!!! DONT YOU WATCH T.V.?IN TASTE TEST MORE PEOPLE IN NEW YORK LIKED NEW YORK CITY TAP WATER OVER THE #1 BOTTLED WATER COMPANY.I THINK ITS SPELLED NAIVE BACKWARDS?
Old April 23rd, 2006, 09:12 PM
Passenger

I read something recently that indicated that we are filling up landfills with empty water bottles. The ships have to haul all of those empty bottles for recycling ... that seems unbelievably wasteful, doesn't it?

The water on the ship is filtered and tastes like "nothing". I took my insulated water bottle with me and filled it up as necessary. Maybe that would be an easier solution for you, too.
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Again - as with soda - its all about what companies they have set contracts for. Space is another issue.

Why do you think they serve Coke & not Pepsi?

If you want bottled water, just go buy a case & bring it on the ship.
Old July 9th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Admiral

One of the first things I do when the ship sails is go buy a souvenir commuter mug. I can then fill it up with coffee in a.m., lemonade or punch later. For ports, I buy one bottled water, then refill it when I get back on board.
Marty
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish1c
The water on the ship is perfectly safe to drink. It has always been free.

You don't get cans of soda with the card; you get soda out of the guns / fountains.

The reason for the charge for the bottles has to do with space. If the bottled water is taking up precious limited space in the hold, the ship can carry fewer other things.

Bottled water is never free anywhere. Why should it be free on a cruise?
except the salt content of the ship's water makes you swell-and this is also true of the tea and coffee made with that water too.

The ship's water is sea water that has been purifeid but unfortunately not all the salt is taken out. That is why even if you watch your diet and don't over eat-you will still gain weight on a cruise--fortunately though that weight is lost in a week's time after returning home.
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Lisa, I agree with you, I think bottled water should be included on the soda card. If they need to make room for it in storage, so be it. They find plenty of room for liquor and beer, why not water? I never drink any beverages from the fountains on cruise ships or coffee, tea, etc., for exactly the reason Momofmeg described, if I drink the recycled water, my ankles and feet swell so bad that I can't even put shoes on. I bring bottled water onboard and when I disembark at every stop, I purchase more bottled water (cost of bottled water on the ship is ludicrous) and it is readily available at every port.